The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 04-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #21
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

And election after election "we" vote for the fools,
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #22
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

No, I don't think so. We really wind up voting for what we hope is the lesser of the foolish options that are presented to us. Apparently anyone who would actually be good for this country (meaning US, the citizens) will never be allowed to get into a position for us to actually for for him.
Unread 04-10-2014, 08:04 PM   #23
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor66Vette View Post
And election after election "we" vote for the fools,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
No, I don't think so. We really wind up voting for what we hope is the lesser of the foolish options that are presented to us. Apparently anyone who would actually be good for this country (meaning US, the citizens) will never be allowed to get into a position for us to actually for for him.
Your rebuttal is noted. But we do put them in office, nonetheless. Nothing and nobody is perfect: wife, job, car, politician especially! We can ONLY vote for the lesser of the evil. Either that, or don't vote, and I fought so Americans can exercise that, and I will never not vote- no matter what level of asshole is on the ballot. One dipwhad is "better" that the other in one way or another, and that is the jerk that gets my vote. Can't just not vote.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 08:28 PM   #24
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor66Vette View Post
Your rebuttal is noted. But we do put them in office, nonetheless. Nothing and nobody is perfect: wife, job, car, politician especially! We can ONLY vote for the lesser of the evil. Either that, or don't vote, and I fought so Americans can exercise that, and I will never not vote- no matter what level of asshole is on the ballot. One dipwhad is "better" that the other in one way or another, and that is the jerk that gets my vote. Can't just not vote.
I guess I'm just getting tired of playing that game. If I can't find someone to actually vote FOR, then I don't see any sense of voting for someone that I really don't want to win. That's what happened last election. I would have felt dirty voting for either of the main candidates for the presidency.

So if I don't want either of the two candidates that have any real possibility of winning, and my vote for someone who I DO want to win doesn't even count, then why bother? The process of voting has lost all relevancy to reality. And that "reality" is that we would like to vote for people we WANT to be in office. Not just being able to hold our nose to vote for a slightly less jerk than the other guy. The fact that the political process can only offer us those options means something is seriously wrong in the first place. And I strongly suspect the REAL powers are just laughing at our ant farm antics on election day.