The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Paint & Body Work Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Paint & Body Work Forum For those people interested in the specifics of doing paint and body work repairs and/or enhancements.

Unread 05-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #31
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Appreciate it Dave.
Unread 05-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #32
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Now THOSE are ghost flames! Looks great.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #33
Kap142

Name :

They turned out very nicely. I really don't like the LOUD stuff and hence I have determined that "Peek" is now "quietly making noise"
Unread 05-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #34
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

@ KAP142 - These are ok, a bit much for my taste. IMO, yours are what flames should look like.

Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #35
Kap142

Name :

Both of these cars have beautiful paint but the flames are just not me. The yellow Vette's hood work was awesome. There were kinda holographs under the hood paint work that you could barely see and the work was very nicely done. Both of these cars were just a car or two away from my C5 at the show.
Unread 05-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #36
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I know I'm going to have to get my car painted sooner rather than later, thanks to the damaged hood paint, and I would like to get some customization done, but I really don't want anything outlandish. I really don't want to drive down the road and have people looking behind me to see where the rest of the parade is at. Plus I just flat out like the Electron Blue color on my car. But it seems that not all Electron Blue Corvettes are identical looking, and some of the stock paint jobs I have seen don't all look the same. So if I want to keep my stock color, I would want an EXACT match with what I now have. Minus the dings, scratches and cracks, of course.

I'm thinking I might have to actually get a custom hood, as for some reason that airbridge is hitting against the hood, which never used to be the case before my car got the new engine. So I need more clearance there, and that means a humped back hood, I guess. I've looked HARD and don't see any way to adjust either the airbridge itself or move the STS intercooler in any way to make a difference. So when the time comes to get the paint job, that would be the time to consider getting a new hood. Wonder what sort of headaches all of that will dump on me? Things didn't go too well with the other stuff I had done to the car.

So I guess Connie and I need to go to some more car shows soon so I can look over some different hood styles to consider. And custom paint jobs, too, but I wouldn't want to be a copy cat of someone else's vette locally. I think one of the main reasons for a custom paint job is to make your car more unique. So copying someone else's design really isn't a step in that direction. Now, though, if I saw a custom paint job on another brand of car, well, then all bets are off....