The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Flea Market

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Flea Market For Sale | Wanteds | Anything BUT Corvette stuff here, please. Let fellow CorvetteFlorida members know what you have to sell or are looking for.

Unread 03-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default AR style .223 Wanted

Anyone have a for sale 223. If reasonably priced I might be interested.
Unread 03-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Florida gun trader might have what you want
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Kap142

Name :

thanks I'll take a look
Unread 03-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Any particular brand your looking for? Price range? A1/A2 or Flat top upper?
Unread 03-09-2011, 07:25 AM   #5
Kap142

Name :

Corey, I can't say a specific mfg is imparitive. Heck they're pretty much all mil-spec stuff anyway. Believe it or not I'm hearing that a newer flat top made my Spike (Apopka,FL) is a pretty good gun. As to price range I'd like to stay under 1K.

Going to go and look at a few today but please feel free to offer input.

Ken
Unread 03-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
Dick
My two boo's \/

Name :
Dick has disabled reputation

Florida Gun trader is full of over priced dealers posing as private individuals and lowballers.

Floridashootersnetwork.com is the place to go. Youll have to be an active member for a week or two til you can access the classifieds, but the knowledge and deals and most of all good people are there.

Spikes sell the Stag Arms M4 upper and lower parts kit. . Great basic entry level rifle. The A3 flat top is very versitile and def worth holding out for. You can run a removeable carry handle or a host of other iron sights as well as optics...

Bushmaster, Rock River Arms, Stag, DPMS, Smith & Wesson (I may be missing one or two other brands) are good rifles that you should be able to get in the $700-$800 range new..

Stay away from Olympic Arms...

Colt- IMO great rifles, but youre spending extra money on the name.

Your Noveske's, Sigs, LMT's and others are on the high end of the price range. .
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
Kap142

Name :

Made the jump today and purchased a Spikes M4LE. Tomorrow the range to get a few rounds through her. I like what I see and what I feel. Will no doubt go with optics shortly but want to shoot iron sights for a bit.

Have heard good things and I like the 1 in 7 twist.

What do you who know suggest as to optics? Please don't even suggest the $1200+ ACOG's. My preference would be a red dot something or other but nothing speaks as strongly as the experience of others.

Come on RichZ I know you have much knowledge (and enough fire power to end the next world war) to offer some good ideas for a mid priced red dot.

Last edited by Kap142; 03-09-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: spellin
Kap142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
Made the jump today and purchased a Spikes M4LE. Tomorrow the range to get a few rounds through her. I like what I see and what I feel. Will no doubt go with optics shortly but want to shoot iron sights for a bit.

Have heard good things and I like the 1 in 7 twist.

What do you who know suggest as to optics? Please don't even suggest the $1200+ ACOG's. My preference would be a red dot something or other but nothing speaks as strongly as the experience of others.

Come on RichZ I know you have much knowledge (and enough fire power to end the next world war) to offer some good ideas for a mid priced red dot.
Yeah, but honestly it's been a LONG time since I've bought any gun stuff. So I have to assume what I have used in the past has been surpassed by later technology.

I too prefer red dot scopes, but I have noticed a problem with them and my eyes. Some will be very blurry and not provide a nice sharp dot. So realistically you have to try them out to see if they are compatible with your eyes. This might not be a problem for everyone, but I know it is with me, and assume I am not unique in that respect.

But I will say this, I have not seen any other merchandise hold more accurately to the saying that "you get what you pay for" than rifle or handgun scopes.

Now with that being said, I believe the last red dot scopes I bought that I thought were moderately priced and quality built (and I could use them without problems) were the Leupold/Gilmore brand. But your mileage may vary, of course.
Unread 03-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Ive got a Rock River AR15, I def wanted the ACOG but not the 1500 dollar price tag....instead I spent 950 bucks lol on a Eotech A512.63 and the Eotech 3x Magnifier with the FTS (flip to side) mount. Its a pretty spiffy setup for the price.
Unread 03-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #10
Dick
My two boo's \/

Name :
Dick has disabled reputation

There are pretty good clone/knock offs on ebay... primary Arms is one. . for scopes, Pentax Ive heard are pretty good quality..

When youre at the range, experiment with different grain loads. . . the 1:7 ratio barrels seem to group well with a little heavier 55gr... 45gr is prob gonna be too light for your barrel...

For ammo, Walmart is pretty good when they have the caliber in stock.. look for the Federal "value pack" of 100 rounds for $40.. that ammo groups very well for me and is a pretty good deal...
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote