The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 03-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
Mac98vette

Name :
Mac98vette has disabled reputation
Default Smart Butt Kid

Today at work I was talking about my baby ( My Vette) and this young kid, about 35 says that he has a car that would beat my car in the quarter mile. I said "that might be possible, what do you ride"? He said he had a 1978 El Camino that had 190 horsepower. I said "I don't think so". He then says that it is stock and it did 176 mph in the quarter. I said "176 mph is running in the high 7's or low 8's and I can't see that car doing that". He then says, but I have 2 fourbarrel carbs. I said "I don't care if you have 10 four barrel carbs". So to shut him up, I said "lets race for pink slips", then he says " right now its not running, and he wouldn't want my Vette even if he did win". After that statement I had to leave or knock him out.
Mac98vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

You should have looked him straight in the eyes, and depending on the color of his eyes, said one of the following:
  • If his eyes were brown, you should have said, "I thought so.... Brown eyes... You must be filled to the top."
  • If his eyes were NOT brown, then you should have said "I would have sworn your eyes were brown the way you are talking..... I guess you just aren't filled to the top yet."

Hopefully it wouldn't take him too long to "get" it.....

Unread 03-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #3
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Choices....

Leave or knock him out....That's a tough one.

Unfortunately, this guy seems to be an uneducated , Stuck in dream land. I'm proud of ya for keeping your cool and calling him out!

Taking from what RichZ said...he needs to purge himself before it's too late!
Big talk
coming from a guy who's ride is not running .

~Ray
Unread 03-25-2007, 12:20 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Man, even if the El Camino had the identical horsepower of a vette, it is MUCH heavier and would have piss poor weight transfer during acceleration. Traction would COMPLETELY suck, because most of the weight is on top of the front tires.

As for 176 mph in the quarter, maybe he meant quarter of a CENTURY....
Unread 03-25-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

That old tank would never see 176mph!
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
Corvette Concepts

Name :
Corvette Concepts is on a distinguished road
Default Talking to the expert...

The issue here is that you have a guy that doesn't have a Vette and most likely would like to have one. You have to excuse people like this. The want to be part of the conversation and often make statements that they know aren't true and so does everyone listening. Take the high road and just let it pass. Running 176 MPH in the quarter will not take place in most of our lives. You ought to be in the business and hear the stories we get. According to many of the conversations we've been involved with we've been verbally beat all sorts of rides. It seems every gathering whether it be a neighborhood party, a wedding or even a funeral. I've gotten to the point that unless it's another Corvette driver I don't go past a few lines and then I change to subject. Just let it pass. He'll walk away and involve himself in another conversation....perhaps he'll get to speak to a brain surgeon and give him some advice.

Corvette Concepts
Delco/Mongoose Performance
Corvette Ranch
Sarasota, Florida 34240
941-322-0577
Corvette Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Concepts
The issue here is that you have a guy that doesn't have a Vette and most likely would like to have one. You have to excuse people like this. The want to be part of the conversation and often make statements that they know aren't true and so does everyone listening. Take the high road and just let it pass. Running 176 MPH in the quarter will not take place in most of our lives. You ought to be in the business and hear the stories we get. According to many of the conversations we've been involved with we've been verbally beat all sorts of rides. It seems every gathering whether it be a neighborhood party, a wedding or even a funeral. I've gotten to the point that unless it's another Corvette driver I don't go past a few lines and then I change to subject. Just let it pass. He'll walk away and involve himself in another conversation....perhaps he'll get to speak to a brain surgeon and give him some advice.
Right on Brother, I knew a guy that said he did a burn out on his motorcycle while riding a wheelie at 90 miles an hour. Then a highway Patrolman pulled him over. This guy said he punched the Cop in the face and the cop said is that all you got and gave him a warning. Some people you listen too and have fun with there conversations. Met another guy that said he was an interpreter for a general in Iraq. He said he would repeat what the Iraqi interpreter would say to see if he was feeding this General BS. He said he spoke 7 languages. I just came back from living in the middle east and picked up some Arabic while there. So I asked him what does humdela mean in arabic. He said oh that is not good. That is a bad word. He failed on that one, he then said he spoke German also. I am half German and I tried to spark up a conversation with him and he had no clue what to say. Just have fun with them. Put them on the spot. There just looking for attention and searching hard to fit in.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote