The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 12-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation
Default Airport Security - You Won't Believe This

Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2010

As the Chalk Leader for my flight home from Afghanistan, I witnessed the following:
When we were on our way back from Afghanistan, we flew out of Baghram Air Field. We went through customs at BAF, full body scanners (no groping), had all of our bags searched, the whole nine yards.

Our first stop was Shannon, Ireland to refuel. After that, we had to stop at Indianapolis, Indiana to drop off about 100 folks from the Indiana National Guard. That's where the stupid started.

First, everyone was forced to get off the plane-even though the plane wasn't refueling again. All 330 people got off that plane, rather than let the 100 people from the ING get off. We were filed from the plane to a holding area. No vending machines, no means of escape. Only a male/female latrine.

It's probably important to mention that we were ALL carrying weapons. Everyone was carrying an M4 Carbine (rifle) and some, like me, were also carrying an M9 pistol. Oh, and our gunners had M-240B machine guns. Of
course, the weapons weren't loaded. And we had been cleared of all ammo well before we even got to customs at Baghram, then AGAIN at customs.

The TSA personnel at the airport seriously considered making us unload all of the baggage from the SECURE cargo hold to have it re-inspected. Keep in mind, this cargo had been unpacked, inspected piece by piece by
U.S. Customs officials, resealed and had bomb-sniffing dogs give it a one-hour run through. After two hours of sitting in this holding area, the TSA decided not to reinspect our Cargo-just to inspect us again.

Soldiers on the way home from war, who had already been inspected, re-inspected and kept in a SECURE holding area for 2 hours. Ok, whatever. So we lined up to go through security AGAIN.

This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying actual assault rifles, and some of us were also carrying pistols. So we're in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers.. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they're going to confiscate his nail clippers.

The conversation went something like this:

TSA Guy: You can't take those on the plane.

Soldier: What? I've had them since we left country.

TSA Guy: You're not suppose to have them.

Soldier: Why?

TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon.

Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I'm allowed to take it on.

TSA Guy: Yeah but you can't use it to take over the plane. You don't have bullets.

Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?

TSA Guy: [awkward silence]

Me: Dude, just give him your damn nail clippers so we can get the f**k out of here. I'll buy you a new set.

Soldier: [hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security] To top it off, the tsa demanded we all be swabbed for "explosive residue" detection. Everyone failed, [go figure, we just came home from a war zone], because we tested positive for "Gun Powder Residue". Who the F**K is hiring these people?

This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns-but nothing that could have been used as a weapon. Can someone please tell me what the F**K happened to OUR country while we were gone?

Sgt. Mad Dog Tracy
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

That's so funny I could cry.......
Unread 12-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
donzee

Name :
donzee is on a distinguished road

I saw this awhile back, Could not belive it.
Talked to Jr about it, said pretty much the same deal, customs in Iraq, fuel in Iceland, customs again in Connecticut, than HAAF, only he said the customs in the US were very polite, and did not mess with anyone.
It is amazing though that they would mess with a bunch of guys coming out of the armpit of the world, carrying weapons, lucky they didnt really pizz them off.
donzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

1) I've never understood why we're flying these guys back on civilian aircraft? Don't we have an "Air Force?"
2) Why the hell they make them clear civilian Customs?

If we can't trust our own military officers to do a proper contraband and paperwork check, then we have a much biugger problem.

Have them do it, submit to customs, move on.....

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Last edited by Shadow; 12-14-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

I agree have them show I.D and let them go.they've been thru enough crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
1) I've never understood why we're flying these guys back on civilian aircraft? Don't we have an "Air Force?"

If we can't trust our own military officers to do a proper contraband and paperwork check, then we have a much biugger problem.

Have them do it, submit to custome, move on.....
fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #6
Cedric

Name :
Cedric has disabled reputation

Yeah i didn't beleive on what you have posted here..Its really funny..
Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #7
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:

Have them do it, submit to customs, move on.....
Well, if you've ever been on a C130 you would know you don't want to travel in one however, they do rent civilian aircraft for transport.

Makes no sense to run them through security even though there was that sick SOB in Texas.
Unread 12-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #8
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Well, if you've ever been on a C130 you would know you don't want to travel in one however, they do rent civilian aircraft for transport.

Makes no sense to run them through security even though there was that sick SOB in Texas.
Yeah, I've spent a "little time" on the 130
It's not exactly 1st class.
Hell, it's not a "class" at all, but it's a ride home, it's already paid for by the taxpayer, and you don't have to put up with the BS from TSA

Besides, we have "other aircraft" in our military and government service that could be pressed into service.

We could use any number of "executive" government aircraft available in our fleet, presently used to fly suits and generals around the world

All military. Still no need to have to screw with Customs CBP.
Just doesn't make sense!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Yeah, I've spent a "little time" on the 130
It's not exactly 1st class.
Hell, it's not a "class" at all, but it's a ride home, it's already paid for by the taxpayer, and you don't have to put up with the BS from TSA

Besides, we have "other aircraft" in our military and government service that could be pressed into service.

We could use any number of "executive" government aircraft available in our fleet, presently used to fly suits and generals around the world

All military. Still no need to have to screw with Customs CBP.
Just doesn't make sense!
Well sir, I didn't know you had been on a C130 and I beg your forgiveness. (if you believe that you're a total mess. )

I don't know of any military passenger planes and I am an expert. Seriously, we all agree that was bulishlt and I believe the stripes in charge can put an immediate stop to it. Why don't they? I'll guess because it takes some effort.
Unread 12-18-2010, 05:08 AM   #10
Cedric

Name :
Cedric has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Well sir, I didn't know you had been on a C130 and I beg your forgiveness. (if you believe that you're a total mess. )

I don't know of any military passenger planes and I am an expert. Seriously, we all agree that was bulishlt and I believe the stripes in charge can put an immediate stop to it. Why don't they? I'll guess because it takes some effort.
Lol.What kind of minneapolis auto repair expert you are???