The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 05-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default Want a C3? Trade me your C4! Arizona - 1978 4 speed

So I'm currently selling this car and thought I'd see if there might be anyone interested in trades.

What I would be looking to get:

84 + 4 Speed + Good Cash
85-90 + 4/6 Speed + Some Cash?
91-92 6 Speed - Depends on condition
92-96 + 6 Speed = Even trade

I'm really open to any C4 that's running and driving that has a manual transmission (sorry, automatics). It's what I'm probably going to buy when I sell the car anyway so I thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in a deal.

The car is in NW Phoenix, Arizona. Any trades would have to be within reasonable driving distance as this thing is a pig on gas when its $4 a gallon. I've had some great trade offers in the past but sadly they were waaaay to far away.

If we do decide to make a deal, I prefer to meet and complete the transaction inside a Bank of America branch. That way all the notorization can be done at once and noone has to sweat about carrying cash inside someones house they do not know.

Here's my ad from the C3 forum:

This car is an absolute pleasure to drive. It runs and drives beautifully!

It is a 1978 L48 with a 4 Speed Manual. This car has power windows, power steering and AC. The AC Is not currently functioning but has many brand new parts. Mileage is indicated at 13XXX but is probably not actual. Engine and Transmission both have around 300 miles on fresh rebuilds.

Over the time I have owned it I have poured thousands of dollars and countless hours into restoring this car to its former glory. I have included a list of some of the parts that have been purchased in the last year. I have receipts for just about everything which makes a pile about an inch thick. The car is a pleasure to drive.

I have recipts for almost everything! This means many of these parts are still under manufacturer warranty including the engine and carburetor.

The car is in good condition with one of the cleanest non-restored frames you will see. The birdcage is incredibly clean as well. The body mounts and pockets have no rust whatsoever. This car has ZERO rust probably due to the fact that records indicate it was stored in a garage from the mid 90's until I purchased it in 2009. This car also spent most of its life in Arizona.

This Corvette runs flawlessly thanks to a complete rebuilt long block that includes the remained of the 1 year / unlimited mileage warranty from Performance Chevrolet who built the engine. Sitting on top is a BRAND NEW Holley 0-9895 Carburetor. This is a very expensive direct bolt on replacement for the Quadrajet. It is a spread bore carburetor just like the original Quadrajet and is 100% emissions legal with all provisions. This also has an Electric Automatic Choke that is fully operational. This car starts the first time every time with a quick jab on the gas to set the choke and a turn of the key.

The car runs cool thanks to a completely new cooling system. The entire cooling system has been replaced and works without issue. This includes a brand new Air Dam that is missing on many of these cars.
The car has all brand new brackets and pulleys for the accessories. This includes ALL 4 AC Compressor Brackets. The AC Compressor is not installed currently but all brackets needed are with the car.

This is an AC Car although it does not function currently. The condenser and compressor are missing. I did put in a brand new evaporator core the same time I replaced ALL HVAC seals and gaskets. The car also includes a brand new suction/discharge hose. A new blower motor was installed. New heater core was installed as well. The HVAC System is 100% working and the AC Only needs a Compressor and Condenser to be functional. A New AC Switch and A+ Condition Used AC Harness with no cut wires were also installed. HVAC System is 100% working besides the AC.

The Engine Electrical harness was replaced with a brand new unit. I also replaced the Starter Extension Harness with an A+ Condition used harness with no cut wires. The alternator was upgraded to the much more powerful and modern CS130 model. The entire ignition system has also been replaced including a brand new HEI Distributor and plug wires.

Externally, the car has good condition paint. The paint looks great but has some chips that will be pictured. The Rear Window Trim is glued in place due to a few broken clips. Glass is in good shape. Car has a BRAND NEW Windshield professionally installed by Safelite Auto Glass. Every piece of weatherstripping has been replaced by rubber from Corvette Rubber Company. Doors were resealed properly with a plastic inner liner.

The Interior is in good shape as well. The Dash and Seats have both been recovered and look as good as new. All other panels were dyed professionally black to match, but are showing some wear. Carpet was installed by a shop as well and is in great shape, although it does not fit as well as the original carpets. Lower shift boot was replaced to keep out heat, a new upper shift boot is included as well. I have a JVC CD Player installed as well as 4 pretty good speakers. Front speakers are installed in lower kick panels as I did not want to cut up the gorgeous custom covered dash. Rear cover has been re-installed and works to cover your items in the rear of the car. New Seat Belts have been installed, but they are aftermarket and don't work as smooth as the OEM belts. The car has a new leather Grant GT Steering wheel. There are a few trim pieces missing here and there and scratches and dings from normal wear, but overall looks 8.5/10.

The entire front suspension was rebuilt with all new bushings, ball joints, tie rods, tubes, springs, shocks, wheel bearings and more. The power steering system got some work as well with a new set of hoses and a new steering cylinder.

The Brake System received a complete overhaul. This car has ALL New Rotors from powerstop. These are slotted and cross drilled. Also semi-metallic pads on all 4 corners. Both front calipers were replaced with lifetime warranty units. All brake hoses were replaced and both front hard lines were replaced. This was all topped off with a remanufactured brake master cylinder.

There are many more things that have been replaced that would just take too long to cover all of them.

There are a few issues. The tires have good tread but will NEED to be replaced. The date code shows these tires are 16 years old. Even though they look to be in perfect shape, I would not feel comfortable long distance driving on tires that old. One wheel is missing it's center cap.

The power steering valve is leaking pretty bad. Needs a rebuild or replaced.

Charcoal Canister is not currently hooked up. As this is a classic car I did not have to pass emissions. I have done my best to replace all parts with emissions-legal parts but cannot speak to if the car would pass a test or not.

The hood only latches on one side, but stays down secure.

The headlights are fully operational and go up and down but only when the car is ON due to the vacuum tank having a leak. The Headlights are missing the bezels as well.

I have a clean title in hand.

I'm not in a huge rush to sell as I have until December to get the car sold, I'll still enjoy driving it in the meantime
At this time before I complete repairs of the small issues I will be asking $8000 Or Best Offer for this car. I am located in Phoenix, Arizona.
More pictures will arrive shortly.

List of parts installed on car in the last year:

Engine

Rebuilt Engine - Small Block 355
All new Stainless Steel Hardware and Fastners
New Summit Racing Stock Style Oil Pan

Body

New Windshield installed by Safelite
New CRC Weatherstripping - Entire Car
New Air Dam

Suspension/Steering

NEW COMPLETE Front Suspension Rebuild Kit
New Power Steering Cylinder
New Power Steering Hoses (All 4)
New VBP 550lb Performance Springs
New KYB Shock Absorbers (Front)
New A-Arm Seals
New Lugnuts for all wheels (Dorman Acorn Style)

Interior

Recovered Seats in Black Leatherette
Custom Black Leatherette Recovered Dash
New Corvette Floormats
New Seat Belts / Latches / Hardware
New Carpet
New Blaupunkt GTC 525 Speakers
New JVC CD Player

Fuel System

New Holley 0-9895 Carburetor. This is a bolt-on, EMISSIONS LEGAL Spread Bore Carburetor.
New Fuel Pump (Reproduction of Original)
New Fuel Line Feed
New Fuel Pump Elbow
New Accelerator Return Spring
Brake System
Reman Brake Master Cylinder
Reman Brake Calipers Front Left and Right
New Brake Hoses - All 4 Wheels
New Front Wheel Bearings - Timken
New Left+Right Front Brake Lines
New Stainless Steel Parking Brake Hardware

Cooling System

New All Aluminum Radiator
New Radiator Mount Cushions
New ACDelco Radiator Hoses
New Hayden 2799 Fan Clutch - Severe Duty
Replaced Radiator Fan Shroud (L82 shroud)
Replaced 7 Blade Fan
New Radiator Overflow Bottle

Engine External

New FelPro KS2600 Gasket Set - ALL Engine Gaskets are brand new.
New Chrome Valve Covers
New Chrome Air Cleaner
New Chrome Thermostat Housing
New Alternator Support Bracket
NOS Alternator Support Stud
NOS Alternator 3 piece mounting kit
NOS Alternator Guide
NOS Water Pump Pulley
NOS FR AC Compressor Bracket
NOS Compressor Bracket
NOS Compressor Lower Bracket
NOS Crankshaft Pulley
NOS Alternator Mounting Bolts

Ignition

New HEI Distributor
New Autolite 26 Spark Plugs
New Spark Plug Wires
Exhaust
New Dual Exhaust with Dual Catalytic Converters
Summit Racing Headers (Not Installed but included)

Oiling System

WIX 51069 Oil Filter
Summit Racing Break in Oil for first 500 miles.
Mobil 1 10w30 after.
New OE-Style Filter Adapter
New OE Oil Pump Assembly

Belts

New Dayco Top Cog V-Belts

Transmission/Driveline

Rebuilt Transmission from AAMCO of Peoria
New SACHS Clutch Pressure Plate/Disc/Throwout Bearing
New Clutch Pilot Bearing
New Clutch Fork Boot
New Pressure Plate Bolts
New Pivot Stud Lock Washer
New Clutch Housing Inspection Cover
New Lower Shift Boot
New Clutch Pedal Bumper
New Speedometer Cable

Electrical

New Engine Wiring Harness
Rebuilt / Upgraded CS130 Alernator
New Headlight Actuator Seals
New Headlight Switch
Replaced AC Wiring Harness (Pristine, no cut connectors)
Replaced Starter Extension Harness (Pristine, no cut connectors)
New Vaccum Hose Firewall Grommet
New Speedometer Cable Grommet

Air Conditioning / Heating

New Evaporator Core (Installed but still sealed)
New Heater/AC Gasket Kit - ALL Gaskets replaced in HVAC System
New Heater Core
New AC Vacuum Switch

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote