The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 09-13-2017, 10:08 AM   #1
quicksilver21

Name :
quicksilver21 is on a distinguished road
Default Shock Absorbers

Hi guys! I am planning to replace the shock absorbers on my 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Z51. Are Bilstein Shocks compatible with my Z51? I have read many good reviews about it. Please help!
quicksilver21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I guess it depends on what you mean by "compatible". I'm sure they will fit if you get the models intended for your vehicle. However, how they will FEEL for you, and how you will like them, is kind of a personal thing that no one can predict. The shocks I had installed on the C5Z were Pfadt (which is a company I can no longer recommend) adjustables, which seem just fine to me. At least with adjustable shocks, if you don't like the feel, you can ADJUST them until you get what you want. With non-adjustables, well, if you don't like them, you either have to live with them, or replace them with something else to try.
Unread 09-13-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
mrr23
The Alignment Guy

Name : Robert J Hinton
mrr23 is on a distinguished road

does your car have the magnetic ride shocks?
Unread 10-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #4
quicksilver21

Name :
quicksilver21 is on a distinguished road
Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I guess it depends on what you mean by "compatible". I'm sure they will fit if you get the models intended for your vehicle. However, how they will FEEL for you, and how you will like them, is kind of a personal thing that no one can predict. The shocks I had installed on the C5Z were Pfadt (which is a company I can no longer recommend) adjustables, which seem just fine to me. At least with adjustable shocks, if you don't like the feel, you can ADJUST them until you get what you want. With non-adjustables, well, if you don't like them, you either have to live with them, or replace them with something else to try.
Thanks for the input, man.
quicksilver21 is offline   Reply With Quote