The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 06-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #21
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.... But for me personally, we're getting into my busy season (like the rest of the year is slow......), so not sure how much I'll be able to attend.

But it can't hurt to try. Most folks like ANY excuse to meet up with other Corvette folks.
Unread 06-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #22
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Great idea THUNDER. At least you are being proactive and certainly generous.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #23
Scully

Name :
Scully has disabled reputation

Good morning everyone :wavey
the forum is great the only thing I would like to see is the central fl (orlando area) be more envolved. I don't see many shows over there. If you would like I could email all the clubs over here and ask them to pass that information on to me so we could post their activities also what do you think :shrug01
Scully is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #24
Rich Z

Actually I would like to see ALL the clubs get more involved here. I have offered them all a free forum here so they can interface not only with their members, but also attract interest from non members and quite possibly get them involved in their activities as well. I believe a large part of the problem of perceived apathy and disinterest that the clubs believe they are seeing is really caused by the simple fact that many people don't even KNOW about the activities. Right here every club has the potential to having every person in Florida interested in Corvettes looking in on their discussions about activities and events. How many of those people across the state would just LOVE a good excuse to drive across state to some event just for the pure fun of getting there with the added bonus of attending a gathering of other like minded people?

Heck, it's free advertising for their clubs and they STILL choose to ignore the offer...... Well, that's their choice.........
Unread 03-15-2010, 01:07 AM   #25
Rich Z

Anyone else interested in helping out with the calendar on this site to keep track of events and shows? It appears that our former calendar girl has abandoned the position......
Unread 03-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #26
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Anyone else interested in helping out with the calendar on this site to keep track of events and shows? It appears that our former calendar girl has abandoned the position......
Yeah, what happened to her. Have not seen a post from her in a while.
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #27
jcb_njb

Name : Jim Brackett
jcb_njb is on a distinguished road

I'll do what I can do for events in the SE part of the state.
jcb_njb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #28
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

It's not that I don't have enough to do, but if no one else has the time, then I'll do it. I don't "want" the job, but it needs to be done.

That said, anyone can add an event to the calendar.

It would be nice if we had regional people, such as jcb_njb, that could be responsible for events happening in thier "region."

A regional person is more likely to know or hear about local events than a single calendar person, and would certainly have a greater vested interest in getting the information out to the enthusiasts in thier area and beyond (yes, some of us will/do travel)

I'd suggest we break it down as follows:

SE-From about Port Canaveral South through Miami and the Keys, and over to the center part of the state (ie: Okeechobee/Arcadia)

SW-From Naples south through and also inclusive of the Fla. Keys, and over to the same center part of the state.
Central-From Arcadia/Sarasota/Port Canaveral/Melborne area, north to include the East and west central coasts, through Volusia County (Daytona) and about Hernando County on the west coast.

NE-From the top of the central band to St. Augustine and Jacksonville.

NW-Again from the top of the west central band and north to and inclusive of Tallahassee and the Panhandle area of the state.

If we're interested in anything just above Lower Alabama, aka: Panama City/Pensacola), someone from the P-cola area or PC could handle those chores.

We could break it down even further and go:

South-From Indian River/Highlands/Collier counties through the Florida Keys, inclusive of both coasts

Central-Above the aforementioned counties through Hernando-Sumpter-Orange-Lake and Volusia counties, inclusive of both coasts

North-Pretty much everything NORTH of the above counties through the Panhandle.

3 regions or 4?

Either way, instead of having individuals posting events, any events that we come across, would be routed to that regions POC for inclusion on the calendar.

Either way, one person responsible for events in thier A/O and one POC if need be?

What say ye?

And I'll be happy to lend a hand in the Central area since I live here, unless someone else would like to do it, then be my guest!

Gordon

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #29
jcb_njb

Name : Jim Brackett
jcb_njb is on a distinguished road

Gordon, by region would be great. One of the sites I use (FlaCarShows.com) has 7 regions listed and breaks the SE Florida region as follows:

Jupiter south to Key West also, Belle Glade, South Bay and Clewiston.

North of Jupiter to Daytona would be the East Coast. Check out how each region is separated on FlaCarShows.com and see what you think.

As indicated, I'll do the SE Florida region as listed above.
jcb_njb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #30
Rich Z

Actually it would be helpful if the people and/or organizations running these events would post that info here.

Anyway, I talked to Keli today and she told me she is taking some college classes and has gotten snowed under with the homework and stuff. So her time on the computer has had to take a back seat.

Hopefully when I get some of these projects out of the way I can spend more time on this myself, but right now "retirement" isn't quite what I thought it would be.....