The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 08-11-2006, 10:27 AM   #11
TwistedFun

Name :
TwistedFun has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
September 2nd is Corvettes on the Pier in St. Petersburg and September 16th is a show at Dimmitt Chevrolet. I know at the Dimmitt show there will be lots of vendors. They will have Valve Cover races and what they call a "muffler rapping contest", which is just loudest exhaust at WOT.

Both flyers can be found above in the Calendar section. Hurry if you want to actually be in the show, you have to register soon. Hope to see you at both.

Z06Rocket also made me aware of a show at Old Town in Kissimmee the first weekend in October called VetteFest. Not much info on that one, but you can Google it.

I went to a local (Well 50-60 miles away for me) show tonight and took many, many pictures. When I have some time I'll post some of 'em up. Here's a teaser. '63 Stingray, '69 Yenko Camaro, a chopped Purple '55 Chevy and numerous other cars. Some really cool drag cars. I can't remember if it is the biggest weekly show in the county or state. During the better months, they can have up to 500 cars there!

Scott
i will be at the dimmitt show on the 16th for sure. i would like to catch the one at the pier too but it depends on work.
Unread 08-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #12
Fastcat3

Name :
Fastcat3 has disabled reputation

It is bottom line that the registered forum members need to keep responding to posts and starting new threads of interest. Hopefully getting the word out at shows will be a big help. Perhaps we could all do business cards on our computers and put member of "Corvette Forum. com" on them. I know several people that just put a pic of their vette on the car and maybe a phone number and email that they give out to new friends they make at events. Great job, Rich!
Fastcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 08:36 PM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I guess I'm going to have to try to find someone else to do the business card design for me. I've already contacted a place I found online. I guess I need to do my part in this if I want this site to get up a good head of steam and beginning to move along and not go stagnant.

I may look into 1 page flyers as well as they seem to be real good attention getters. Business cards will often get shoved into a pocket and forgotten about. Heck, I know I do that myself.

Got a big reptile show coming up next weekend, so if I do well there, maybe I'll have some extra money to throw into this.

But in the meantime, word of mouth invitations are probably the best thing you all can do to help out.

And yeah, I AM thinking about that logo to put on my own windshield again.... The ULTIMATE sacrifice, I guess.......

Thanks guys...
Unread 08-12-2006, 01:04 AM   #14
TwistedFun

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Got a big reptile show coming up next weekend, so if I do well there, maybe I'll have some extra money to throw into this.
is that the one in daytona? if so i have a few friends that are going to be there.

you should have a little contest for all the members here. have a recruiting drive to see who can get the most new members to join in a month. the incentive could be a free membership to the site or free snake or t-shirt. it would be nice to see the site take off and grow because it is nice to have a more local site to visit. the attitude on here is very relaxed and friendly. it is a good change from some of the bigger sites. i would be willing to do something, either windshield sticker or business cards or flyers whatever you want to go with. i would be willing to chip in on the cards or pay for the sticker.
Unread 08-12-2006, 10:27 AM   #15
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastcat3
It is bottom line that the registered forum members need to keep responding to posts and starting new threads of interest. Hopefully getting the word out at shows will be a big help. Perhaps we could all do business cards on our computers and put member of "Corvette Forum. com" on them. I know several people that just put a pic of their vette on the car and maybe a phone number and email that they give out to new friends they make at events. Great job, Rich!
How about CorvetteFlorida.com?

Good ideas. Rich You have a PM bro.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 10:39 AM   #16
MMC5

Name :
MMC5 is on a distinguished road

Don't know why this thread died out. There are some great ideas here.

There is also a Fantastic show in Venice on 9/10, but the real fun is the party / dinner the night before. Check out www.venicefloridacorvettes.com Also check out Tampabay Vettes http://www.tampabayvettes.com/tampabayvetteevents.htm for a good listing of clubs and events around Central FL

People get involved for a slew of different reasons. Club politics don't do much for me anymore, but I'd like to find some new friends for local cruising. So (and I have not really looked) why not have a forum section that is for events around the state. or Things To Do / Places To Go Doesn't have to be an all Corvette event, just something a bunch of us can cruise to. There is a Concourse De Elegance in November somewhere around Orlando ~ just examples.

Rich, as for $$ contributions, why not offer a voluntary "Supporting Member" opportunity for $20. I think people could and would help a little.

Try linking with other sites. The person who owns Corvette Valley lives in S FL and would be happy to not only assist, but I'll bet give some advice on how to get this start up off the ground.

He's kinda squirrely but still a good guy.

All just my $.02

MMC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #17
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

RocketSled made a great Corvette Florida screensaver in another thread. I love that thing.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 10:44 PM   #18
TwistedFun

Name :

cool screen saver! how many will be at corvettes at the pier this weekend?
Unread 08-30-2006, 06:54 AM   #19
MMC5

Name :
MMC5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFun
If it is not raining, I will be there. How will I know you?

MMC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2006, 11:56 AM   #20
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFun
I will be there as well Twisted. From about 9-1ish.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote