The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > Member to Member Services

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Member to Member Services This forum is for members to help, and to seek help from, other members with their expertise and requests for expertise. This is outside of car related stuff, such as repairs, mods, etc. Things like plumbing problems, construction, etc.

Unread 06-03-2019, 12:25 PM   #1
Beags

Name :
Beags is on a distinguished road
Default Jax area corvette repair ratings

Have not been successful in finding an honest Corvette C5 maintenance and repair dealer in Jax, st A area... help..

Thanks

beags

Neither honest nor effective
Beags is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I'm coming to the conclusion that even nationwide, such shops are becoming an extreme rarity. I was searching for a long time recently and even shops that sounded like they might be worth a shot within a good 5 hour drive didn't even bother to respond to my queries. My philosophy is that if a shop won't take the time to respond to a contact attempt that could result in a sale for service and/or merchandise for them, they certainly aren't going to be all that easy to get a hold of if things go sour. So I just dropped them from consideration and good riddance.

I even toyed with the idea of having to ship my car to one of the bigger names but they flat out told me that unless I was a current customer of theirs, they weren't interested in even looking at my car. Even if they would, the waiting list was several months for something like a straight clutch install.

So I have been talking with a local outfit that works on custom cars that seemed willing to help, but was just too busy, that called in a favor with a dealership they do a lot of business with, and felt they would be capable of helping me out. My car has been there on their lift for over two months now, so until I get it back and drive it around for a while, I can't comment on their competency. Lord knows I thought I was dealing with competent shops in the past but then subsequent discoveries proved me to be wrong.

Minor stuff you just need to do yourself if at all possible. Major stuff, well, that IS going to be a problem that seems to have no easy answer. Lots of shops will talk the talk, but may fall way short when it comes to walking the walk. Unfortunately you aren't going to know them till after the fact and they already have your money deposited in their bank accounts.

Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but that's just the way things are as far as I can tell from my own experiences.
Unread 11-09-2020, 07:47 PM   #3
Kenneth1225
Banned

Name :
Kenneth1225 is on a distinguished road

Hope you've gotten an expert now or still in search

Sent from my vivo 1906 using Tapatalk
Kenneth1225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance, repair, upgrades