The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 08-19-2020, 06:50 PM   #1
Thrill Ride

Name : Gary Peloquin
Thrill Ride is on a distinguished road
Default 2013 427 maintenance suggestions

Good afternoon all. I have a 2013 427 Convertible with 30,000 miles. I bought her new and have had the dealer service the vehicle in the past until we came to part ways.
I am located in Jensen Beach, Fl just north of West Palm and was looking for a reputable shop to perform routine service.
What, if any, service items should be performed at this time? Would it be wise to have a dyno tune performed,etc.
Any and all input is appreciated. Thank you.
Thrill Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2020, 08:48 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Wish I could help you, but it seems that everyone I have had dealings with have left me with problems I had to deal with myself afterwards.

Some places I contacted for help with my C5Z wouldn't even bother to respond to my queries. And I was looking for anyone within quite a radius of Tallahassee. It has been my experience that if someone is slow responding before you become a customer of theirs, getting in contact with them after they have your money in their hands will be much tougher.

I suppose there must be talented, trustworthy, and competent techs for Corvettes out there, but I sure haven't been lucky enough to find any. I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that if my highly modified C5Z needs any further work that I can't do, or don't want to do, myself, then I will sell or part out the car. I already sold off my 2009 C6Z after learning about the fiasco GM is turning a blind eye towards concerning the defective heads machined in Mexico. That soured me pretty badly about GM products. IMHO.

But heck, if all you are planning on is just routine maintenance on a stock vehicle, it should be a lot easier to find some place to help you out. Maybe....

Good luck!
Unread 08-20-2020, 06:29 AM   #3
Thrill Ride

Name : Gary Peloquin
Thrill Ride is on a distinguished road

Thank you Rich, I appreciate the quick reply and honest response. I will keep looking and of course refer to the owners manual concerning routine work.
Please register me for the Roadhouse forum.
Thrill Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2020, 12:59 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill Ride View Post
Thank you Rich, I appreciate the quick reply and honest response. I will keep looking and of course refer to the owners manual concerning routine work.
Please register me for the Roadhouse forum.
If you have access to a lift, that would make it easy to be doing your own maintenance. If you are out of warranty, a lift would pay for itself pretty quickly even doing minor repairs yourself. I haven't priced them since I had mine installed, but the price back then, installed, was around $2,200 if I remember correctly. It has paid for itself many MANY times over. But, of course, not everyone has a place they can install a lift.

You can sign up for the Roadhouse forum yourself via the instructions in this thread -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=15381. It's pretty easy to do, but let me know if you get stuck.