The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 06-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default 2001 6.6L 402 6spd FS! Asking $18,900! MUST SELL!

Hey everyone! Unfortunately the time has come for me to sell the C5. Just purchased my first house, so this has to go

Looking for $18,900 but am open to offers as it NEEDS to go!

This is a Florida car with low mileage on body and motor! I am the second owner of this car, and have owned it since it had approximately 8,000 miles on the body! The car is a Pewter/Black Z51 car with all options, and a 6spd transmission. The car as it sits now has 85,711 miles on the body, and 23,217 on the forged 402 motor. When it comes to motor and drive-train there is nothing stock on this car! The motor was built in Texas by Scoggin-Dickey Chevrolet who specialize in high performance GM parts. The motor was balanced and blue-printed, and was built with the purpose of using high amounts of spray (was told by Scoggin-Dickey it will take a 300-400 shot all day long) Once the motor was installed it never saw spray. I originally put the motor together with a nitrous plumbed LS6 manifold, but never used it because the LS6 manifold was choking the motor real bad. I swapped out the nitrous manifold for a FAST 90/90 setup and picked up around 35rwhp. I had later intentions of installing a single turbo setup on the car, but plans fell through and ended up selling all the parts. So the car has been ALL MOTOR since it was put together. It was tuned by Jeremy Formato and it put down 497rwp all motor. The heads are the weakest point in the setup, if money were spent on another set of heads this car will easily be around/above 520rwhp naturally aspirated. Buyer would also want to purchase and install the air-intake of his/her choice as I sold the Vararam that was on this car to a buddy. Right now there is a generic split design intake with 2 air-filters. The car does run rich, so I would suggest another tune eventually (this will also increase rwhp!)

Video of the car can be seen here:

Forged 402 Motor Specs:

Forged 402 6.6L LS2 block @ 12:1 compression
Manley Pistons
Compstar I-Beam Rods
Eagle Crank
243 Ported & Polished Heads with Valves and Springs
Texas Giant Cam

The car is in great shape for its age!! Clutch, tires, and battery were replaced last year. The car does suffer from the extremely common Traction Control System issue. Its a bad relay in the ABS module. Under $2.00 to replace yourself, or $150 if you send it off. I never bothered since I drive with the traction control off all the time anyways! The body is in good shape with the exception of a few scratches. The front nose will need a repaint, I came out the parking lot one day and someone backed into the car. Most of it buffed out, but there are scratches and a chip in the hood right at the tip (see pictures.) The front C5 emblem was also damaged, and no longer on the car. There is also a small crack on the passenger side door (barely noticeable unless looking for it... see pictures)

The interior is in great shape as well. No rips or tears in the leather. The only issue for the interior is that I threw together a stereo system after selling most of my equipment to friends. Right now the wiring is plain ugly, and you would want to clean it up. Very easy to do, since all the wires are already run, you would just want to hide them under carpet, etc. The tint on the side windows is peeling and can either be removed or replaced cheap.

Below I have listed the work and parts that been added to the car. Please take time to see all that has been modified, from engine to drivetrain, to suspension, to interior, and cosmetics. I have also included how much it would cost for you (not including labor costs!!) to do it now to a stock C5:

Forged 402 LS2 motor w/accessories, gaskets, bolts, etc - $8000
Walboro 255 Fuel Pump - $199
Racetronix Fuel Kit - $70
#42lb Injectors - $399
Air-Intake - $200
FAST 90 Manifold - $945
LS2 90mm Throttle Body - $399
LG Pro Longtube Headers w/offroad mid pipe - $1500
O2 Sims - $100
Dynotune - $450
B&B Bullet Exhaust - $450
Z06 Transmission - $1700
RAM HD Clutch - $480
GM Clutch Master Cylinder - $130
Clutch Remote Bleeder - $60
Hardened Output Shafts - $330
DTE Transmission Brace - $399
Hurst Shifter - $230
Bilstein Shocks - $350
Z06 Swaybars w/endlinks $200
Lowering Kit - $40
Steel-Braided Brake Lines - $150
Rotorpros Dimpled/Slotted Brakes - $250
Dynamat Insulated Trunk Kit - $400
Double- Din Bezel - $350
Pioneer Double-Din Touch Screen - $450
Misc Stereo Equipment (2 amps, 4 speakers, 1 sub w/box, install kit) - $1000+
Autometer Pillar - $60
Autometer Cobalt Air/Fuel Gauge - $63
Autometer Cobalt Fuel Pressure Gauge - $160
Custom Blue LED Interior Lighting - $200
Custom Green LED Shift Light Built into Speedo - $150
Lloyd Mats - $79
HID Headlights - $70
18" Black Z06 Motorsports w/ polished lip - $900
18" Rear Tires (new last year) KDW-2's - $400
18" Front Tires (new last year) Sumitomos's - $280
Tigershark Rear Fascia - $750 + freight shipping and paint (+ $500)
Tigershark Rear Fascia Taillight Kit - $299

...... plus more little stuff that I probably forgot about!!

Total amount in modifications: over $23,000!!!

This is how much in PARTS ALONE you would have to spend to get a stock C5 to this level. Now obviously I don't expect to get out of the car what I put in..... but I just wanted to put in perspective the amount of time and money spent on this car.

Kelly Blue Book has this car listed at $23,154 in good condition. I am asking only $18,900 which is a STEAL for a car like this!! Don't buy a stock C5 when you can have something like this with a LOT more power and strength! This car has been nothing but great to me... always a head turner, and always a conversation starter!!

This car really just needs someone to drive and enjoy it! Someone that has the time to work on the little projects that need to be fixed! I haven't driven it but maybe ten thousand miles in the last couple years. I used to drive this as my daily driver until I picked up my Silverado when I moved to Connecticut. The car spends most of its time in storage. As it sits right now, I have driven it to and from Florida three times without any issues!

The only reason for selling is because I have been accepted into the Doctor of Pharmacy Program in Boston. I will be moving in 2 months and will have nowhere to park the car anymore. I would much rather see the car go to someone who will have the time to drive and enjoy it, than have it sit in a garage. The wife and I are now in contract for our first house so we REALLY need the money. I really hate to see it go since it has been a huge part of my life, but I always promised the wife that the only way I would sell it was for a down payment on a house. My only motivation is finishing up school and getting a new C7!! $18,900 gets it.... but we truly do need the money fast.... so there is def. room for negotiation! This is priced to sell and shouldn't last!!

Car has clean title, and title is in hand! Please do not hesitate to email/call/text me with any questions or offers. If you call please leave call back number and info, since I am usually at work. My name is Brian and I can be reached via email bjo12002@yahoo.com or my cell number is 203-443-0808

Thanks for looking!

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote