The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 09-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
Tampa Tuning
Tampa Tuner

Name : Phil
Tampa Tuning is on a distinguished road
Default HP Tuner Tuning help from Tampa Tuning

If you own the HP Tuner Pro and are having difficultly understanding it, Id be more than happy to mentor you to understand how to tuning your car.

Its one of those give back things that was done to me. learning to tune is somewhat difficult and expensive hobby. Just reach out for me.

Being an LS tuner in Tampa for Camaro's, Firebird, Trans Am, GTO's and Corvettes, Im willing to help you understand what your scanner is telling.

Phil

www.TAMPATUNING.com
813-727-8720

Corvette Camaro GTO CTS-v Dyno Charger and Challenger DYNO Tuning in Tampa, Brandon, St. Petersburg, Bradenton
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

Very kool thing to do!
Unread 09-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by phils C5 vette View Post
If you own the HP Tuner Pro and are having difficultly understanding it, Id be more than happy to mentor you to understand how to tuning your car.

Its one of those give back things that was done to me. learning to tune is somewhat difficult and expensive hobby. Just reach out for me.

Being an LS tuner in Tampa for Camaro's, Firebird, Trans Am, GTO's and Corvettes, Im willing to help you understand what your scanner is telling.

Phil
Phil, this is very unfair for me to ask you because I don't think anyone has an answer. My car had miss fires when I let off the gas. Usually 2 or more cylinders at a time and never the same ones. It was something to watch this engine do that. No misfires during acceleration and no codes.

GM finally authorized a new PCM. That didn't help the problem. GM then asked me to modify their stock tune and change the TC lockup to 50 MPH across the board. I did it and that fixed the problem. Now I'm thinking that I simply masked the real problem that they can't diagnose. Do you have any idea what's going on? Will that 50 MPH lockup cause any problems later on?

I'm not feeling too good today so I didn't race tonight. I hope to be there next Sat and I can test your tune.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
Tampa Tuning
Tampa Tuner

Name : Phil
Tampa Tuning is on a distinguished road

I find it odd that the dealership would ask someone to modify the stock tune because they can not fix a problem. Sounds like something mechanical causing the misfire, but as long as they are covering your motor and transmission under warranty, Id be a happy camper !

In your scanner you can view your misfires, and at least see what your sensors are telling you whats being measured just before and after the misfires.

If they are installing a new PCM with a stock tune and you still read misfires like you did before the PCM exchange, then Id think it was mechanical not a computer setting.

Not very helpful, Sorry.

www.TAMPATUNING.com
813-727-8720

Corvette Camaro GTO CTS-v Dyno Charger and Challenger DYNO Tuning in Tampa, Brandon, St. Petersburg, Bradenton
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #5
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by phils C5 vette View Post
I find it odd that the dealership would ask someone to modify the stock tune because they can not fix a problem. Sounds like something mechanical causing the misfire, but as long as they are covering your motor and transmission under warranty, Id be a happy camper !

In your scanner you can view your misfires, and at least see what your sensors are telling you whats being measured just before and after the misfires.

If they are installing a new PCM with a stock tune and you still read misfires like you did before the PCM exchange, then Id think it was mechanical not a computer setting.

Not very helpful, Sorry.
Hey, like I said it was not a fair question because no one has an answer. I did view the misfires in the scanner which is how I knew what was going on. I don't see anything else going on but it may be something I haven't got the scanner setup to see. I scan timing, spark retard, fuel trims, temp and just normal tuneup stuff.

The work wasn't done at a GM dealer. It was done by the Vette Doctor who is authorized to do warranty repair. He has several GM engineers that he can consult with and it was one of the engineers that wanted me to change the tune.

One guy thinks maybe it could be the cam/crank sensor but then I would think it would throw a code.

It's a strange deal but it doesn't seem to affect the performance. Thanks for trying to help.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote