The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Paint & Body Work Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Paint & Body Work Forum For those people interested in the specifics of doing paint and body work repairs and/or enhancements.

Unread 06-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
goldhunter_2

Name :
goldhunter_2 has disabled reputation
Question need help how do I remove teh front clip off a 81 vette

ok I will probably be coming to ya'll with lots of questions. I did by a manual but doesn't look like it will help much at all for my project.

I have a 1981 vette that was bought as a major project car , I want to remove the body to sand blast and paint the frame and replace all the bushings and other stuff. I found one video on youtube that showed where the bolts where to remove and lift the whole body off the frame............ the catch is I want to remove the front clip first for several reasons:
1) someone had it off before and did not replace the body shims messing up the door lines already
2) it would be easy for me to store and move around, and repair/paint
3) my only body damage is on the drivers side front panel and would like to repair it off the car
4) lastly my bird cage has some rust and I would like to sand blast it as well , and I figure the less fiberglass body I have connected the less chance I mess something up

Does anyone have a parts drawing , link to a video or directions how I actual disconnect the front clip only? (bumper cover is off, hood is off and engine is out)

goldhunter_2 is offline   Reply With Quote