The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Firearms and Other Weapons

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Firearms and Other Weapons Had a request for this forum, so here it is. Guess it will give me some place to talk about guns myself after selling my ArmsLocker forum.

Unread 01-30-2017, 03:43 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Ammo prices

Connie and I went to the local gun show this past weekend, first time in quite a long time. Didn't really see too much of interest, but it appears that prices on the AR-15s have come down since last I looked at them. And a whole lot more new brand names that I haven't seen before. But nothing shook my wallet out of my pocket. I did see a pretty interesting bullpup style 12 gauge shotgun that caught my eye, but the Kel-Tec brand made me REAL reluctant to grab it as an impulse buy. https://www.keltecweapons.com/shotguns/ksg

Looks pretty sharp, though.

I didn't really pay much attention to ammo, except to try to keep my eye out for some 12 gauge bird bombs and maybe some .17 HMR. But towards the end of the prowl through the aisles, I happened to glance down at a table selling ammo, and saw a price tag of $40 on a box of 50 of 9mm. What!?!? Than I looked at some Stinger .22 ammo and they wanted $18 for a box of 50 of those. Holy moses!! I'm not really sure that this dealer wasn't just way over priced compared to the going prices for that stuff, but I'm guessing he was probably right in line with the rest of them. I wonder that my boxed API Israeli made .50 BMG ammo is worth these days? Heck, I might have to pull the guns out of the gun vault and put the ammo in there instead!
Attached Images

Unread 01-30-2017, 06:19 PM   #2
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Prices of guns and ammo will and should go down. Many threats to gun rights are no longer threats. The scare went away with bobama, and will stay away since a clinton White House isn't gonna happen. Goodie goodie.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2017, 01:00 PM   #3
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default prices.

It seems that in the last few gun shows I've been to that buying ammo on line is a better way to go.
Unread 01-31-2017, 03:55 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, the problem with that is that the bird bombs are not as easy to buy as they used to be. Just like just about everything else, it seems. Plus there is a substantial surcharge for shipping these things too. So my best bet is to just hope to run into someone selling them at a gun show. I still have some, but I would like more, just in case the property gets overrun with varmints I just want to scare away instead of having to kill them. On occasion cattle owned by one of our neighbors will escape and wind up on our property, and the bird bombs are great for chasing them back home.