The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 12-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #21
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Name : Elizabeth Kelly
Someoneyoushouldknow has disabled reputation

Actually I have never spoken to you before, My name is Liz so Sir is the wrong directive.

I am not sure what facts for proof I can give you, would you like phone records? bank statements? It's always a he said she said when it comes to business.

I have done nothing but stated I had a bad experience and I got jumped on. How about asking the facts from Chris? Does he have to prove that I didn't get the **** end of the stick?

As to moving the post I can understand your decision but it seems unfair that when everyone is saying they had a good experience, I can't offer an opposing POV. That's my point.

As for Rich I PMed him and had a discussion privately. The way it should have been handled.
Someoneyoushouldknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 09:53 PM   #22
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Come on Junk. Don't hold back.

Tell us how you really feel?
Well Shadow,You know me,I call'em like I see'em!! So far I ain't seen Nutt'en to make me think any different!!

Unread 12-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #23
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Fine here goes. Chris I don't care anymore.

My car started screwing up in Dec of last year maybe earlier, I brought it to Chris. He's been one of my best friends for years. We took the belts off and couldn't figure it out. We put new belts on. It still wasn't right, then we thought it was the water pump. I was sent to a different shop to get the water pump changed, turned out it was the air compressor. I didn't have the money at the time to fix it so I went with a bypass. This is now January.

The other shop called me and said I needed a whole new engine, I picked the car up all the while on the phone with chris talking to him about how shady it was. He agreed. Nothing he could do at this point my engine was screwed. We transported it to his shop in March of 09. Where it has sat since. He's had the money and the car. I've contacted several times every month when I write a check for insurance, off and on several times since July 31 when I got my new phone over 65 times.

On Nov 1st I was hit by a drunk driver in my Trailblazer, I called Chris from the accident scene. I begged him to complete my other car because I now needed it. I still have no car or truck because the repairs on the truck are more extensive then they originally thought. It's been over 30 days and nothing. I tried for 2 weeks everyday to get him to respond. Finally friday I went to the shop. It was sitting outside where it's been since he got it. He's told me on several occasions that it was in the works and being done. Truth is he hadn't even started it.
Unread 12-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #24
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Oh I forgot to mention that I inherited some money so I could afford to buy the Trailblazer and fix the car that I have a weird affection to. Chris knew all about it and was worried someone was going to take advantage of me.
Unread 12-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #25
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Hopefully this shows up. The first is the truck that hit me with my bumper stuck and the rest are my Trailblazer.
Attached Images

Unread 12-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #26
THUNDER
Rideing in style

Name : Chris Plato
THUNDER is on a distinguished road

liz not as bad as i thought it would be atleast its all cosmedic. and hopefully you didnt get hurt. what did insurance say? they should have been right on it.
if he was dui and arrested you already have his ins. info and they will provide a rental.
Unread 12-13-2009, 10:48 PM   #27
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

It was at 2 in the morning on Nov 1st coming home from a Halloween Party. None of the witness' stayed. I was alone he was alone. Florida is a no fault state. So that means his insurance pays for him and mine for me. I still have to pay a portion of the rental. Also. It was more then cosmetic. There was 6889.34 originally estimated, does not include the suspension issues or the rim that got chewed up. Yep. Suckville Population: THISGIRL.
When I got it back the first time it drove like crap and had to go back and the paint and fenders and the headlights had to be re-worked. Now before you all jump to conclusions none of this stuff happened at Chris' place. It was a body shop. It's supposed to be done on Wednesday. I will be out of town and driving a civic, which like many of you I feel like it's an insult to drive.

My complaint is that I own two cars neither of which I can drive and 10 months is a long time to not fix one.
Unread 12-14-2009, 05:31 AM   #28
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow View Post
Fine here goes. Chris I don't care anymore.

My car started screwing up in Dec of last year maybe earlier, I brought it to Chris. He's been one of my best friends for years. We took the belts off and couldn't figure it out. We put new belts on. It still wasn't right, then we thought it was the water pump. I was sent to a different shop to get the water pump changed, turned out it was the air compressor. I didn't have the money at the time to fix it so I went with a bypass. This is now January.

Screwing up? Can you define "screwing up?" Missing, hesitating, won't idle? (just curious as to the symptoms).

The other shop called me and said I needed a whole new engine,

Did they explain why?

I picked the car up all the while on the phone with chris talking to him about how shady it was. He agreed. Nothing he could do at this point my engine was screwed.

Again, just curious. Why was it "screwed?"

We transported it to his shop in March of 09. Where it has sat since. He's had the money and the car. I've contacted several times every month when I write a check for insurance, off and on several times since July 31 when I got my new phone over 65 times.

Why did you wait so long? Friends or not, nine (9) months is way too long!
Either fix it or give it back and refund my $$$.

On Nov 1st I was hit by a drunk driver in my Trailblazer,

Sorry to hear that. Saw the pics...not pretty

I called Chris from the accident scene. I begged him to complete my other car because I now needed it. I still have no car or truck because the repairs on the truck are more extensive then they originally thought. It's been over 30 days and nothing. I tried for 2 weeks everyday to get him to respond. Finally friday I went to the shop. It was sitting outside where it's been since he got it. He's told me on several occasions that it was in the works and being done. Truth is he hadn't even started it.
Just curious here, sort of being the devils advocate for a few minutes.

Had you bothered during the last nine (9) months to go by the shop and check on the progress? Maybe go by and speak with him directly?

Again, if you guys have been "friends" for that long, this should have resolved the problem. Even if not, if I don't have some resolution in a month or so, I'm paying a personal visit to the shop!

Once you realized nothing was being done, why not contact the police and file (or at least attempt to file) criminal charges?
If someone has your property, has not done the contracted work, and has refued to return your money and property, you "may" have fraud and/or theft charges that could be brought. It would depend on the agency handling the call. Some agencies won't get involved and will consider it a civil matter. Others will consider it "white collar" simply due to the planned nature of the events and go the criminal route.

Why wait so long to start civil proceedings? To make noise on various internet sites? Did you do a BBB complaint?

Either way, I'd have done something way before now

Now...

Quote:
Actually I have never spoken to you before, My name is Liz so Sir is the wrong directive.

Unfortunately, computers are not gender specific
If you'd have filled out your profile (or attached a photo (we love pics around here) maybe one would be able to tell

I am not sure what facts for proof I can give you, would you like phone records? bank statements? It's always a he said she said when it comes to business.

As I mentioned before, we don't need all the minute details. A simple description of the problem, possibly the attempts made to resolve it, and maybe a requested solution, are all that are necessary.

I have done nothing but stated I had a bad experience...
That's the problem ma'am, that's all you've done and repeatedly

...and I got jumped on.

Trust me, this isn't "jumped on."
As I said, go elsewhere and do the exact same thing with one of thier vendors, and see how long it last and how well it's recieved?
We have a place to air differences. That place is this section

How about asking the facts from Chris? Does he have to prove that I didn't get the **** end of the stick?

First of all, if you hadn't brought it up, no one would have known there was a potential problem But since you did, it's up to you to be more specific if you want your post to be taken with any credibility.

And no, as a matter of fact he doesn't
Remember, you are the PLAINTIFF. You are the one bringing the allegations.

Actually, if you have filed a civil action as you imply, then he'd be well advised to remain quiet and let the courts sort it out. All he can do at this point is incriminate himself while trying to defend himself. Not smart even if your innocent.

And you are not "required" to post facts; however, as mentioned, it lends much more credibility to your "claims" on a site such as this when you do.
Remember, you came on here as a new member. Both of your posts were essentially identical and nothing more than unsupported allegations about a member/vendor. Just not a great way to start out in most places. Kind of makes you go Huummm????

Too many people complain over absolutely nothing, are unreasonable in thier demands and simply can't be satisfied regardless of what you do Facts when stated with your "opinion" keep you out of that category.

As to moving the post I can understand your decision but it seems unfair that when everyone is saying they had a good experience, I can't offer an opposing POV. That's my point.

There's a place for everything. The veterans brothers thread wasn't the place. That's MY point, understood?

If there's a "rah rah" thread going on and you want to interject a differing POV, feel free. A simple "I had a different experience" or "my experieices weren't so good" would probably have served you better. I'm sure at that point that others would have been prompted to ask why? Same result, different, less threatening approach

As for Rich I PMed him and had a discussion privately. The way it should have been handled.
Glad you found the pm function.

Good luck with your claim and I hope that everything gets ironed out as it should.

Maybe Chris will choose to chime in here, and maybe not. It's his choice.

Meanwhile, back to the regular programming already in progress.....

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:10 AM   #29
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

I work sometimes 7 days a week I have a rolling schedule and time off is usually for other things it's hard to make a four hour trip down there, You are right I should have gone sooner. I didn't I listened to him. I did meet with him face to face always the same story.

My car was making an odd noise at first, then running slightly hot.

As to the first guy explaining why I needed a new engine no he never really did but when I picked it up it sounded like there were bolts flying around under the hood.

Apparently it seized and died, ironically at the same gas station where I'd later get creamed by the Ford truck. Since Chris never did any tear down on the car I only have first guys word that i need a new engine and from what I heard picking up the car.

I'm sorry we're one day shy of 10 months. I wrote the check on the 15th.
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #30
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow View Post
I work sometimes 7 days a week I have a rolling schedule and time off is usually for other things it's hard to make a four hour trip down there, You are right I should have gone sooner. I didn't I listened to him. I did meet with him face to face always the same story.

My car was making an odd noise at first, then running slightly hot.

As to the first guy explaining why I needed a new engine no he never really did but when I picked it up it sounded like there were bolts flying around under the hood.

Apparently it seized and died, ironically at the same gas station where I'd later get creamed by the Ford truck. Since Chris never did any tear down on the car I only have first guys word that i need a new engine and from what I heard picking up the car.

I'm sorry we're one day shy of 10 months. I wrote the check on the 15th.
Nine (9) months, ten (10) months, all too long for something like this to go on

Sounds like it overheated and was ran hot. My "guess" and that's all it is, based upon the information provided, would be that you're hearing bearing noise. Junk, you wanna jump in here?

Just because a bearing or bearings are fried, doesn't mean you necessarily need a "new engine."

Have someone drop the pan and take a look. Any engine shop or full service repair facility can do that. Make sure you are THERE when they pull it apart.

I know the 7 day/flexible hours routine. I'm there myself But sometimes, you just have to make time.

And I'd stay away from that gas station...there's bad mojo flyin' 'round there

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote