Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > Suggestion Box

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Suggestion Box Forum Requests | Site Mods | General Suggestions

Unread 01-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation
Default What has happened here?

I remember when this place was somewhere to go to be with Friends.Lately I have seen alot of people,lets just say,not being so friendly.
I know everyone has a opionon,I respect that,for you that know me,I'm think of myself as a "Down To Earth" person.Most of you know me in one way or a other.But this place seem to have change lately,the bickering,complaining about this and that ,And is getting really old.I wish we all could all go back to the days when we were all friends and everyone just got along.
Maybe it's just me,and if it is,then just ignore all this,I not pointing fingers at ANYONE,just seeing if anyone else feels this way also.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

I agree somewhat with you BM. Some of the folks though seem to take offense when none was given. Maybe it's the stress of today's world making folks edgy. Familiarity also breeds contempt as the old saying goes.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

Why dontcha just shush up already! o.k.

Its because I wasn't around for a little bit. Its alright, Im almost healed all the way, feeling better ect. Im posting again, Sunshine will fall from the clouds in droves...

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Maybe I just hang out in some rougher forums, or I just missed what you are talking about here. Can you PM some example threads to me?
Unread 01-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Maybe I just hang out in some rougher forums, or I just missed what you are talking about here. Can you PM some example threads to me?
Maybe I'm just getting Soft since the grandbaby arrived.No examples to give,just trying to get the place back to normal.
maybe we need a GAINT BBQ to get all of us together,like in the old days.
How's house should I show up to? Next one to response throws the party.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah I dont see it as people being too bad here... I mean there are people who try to start stuff every now and then, and of course every now and then people try to talk bad about somebody to make themself feel better or whatever the case but other than that I really dont see alot of that here....

I actually dont see as much traffic here as before if anything.....

Maybe its because I try not to be negative about stuff unless its unavoidable so I dont see what others are seeing
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 04:46 AM   #7
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

You wouldn't be referring to me in any way, would you? Most everything I say is at least partially a joke.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #8
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Times are stuff so any lil thing may set someone off.This place comes no where near some of the sites i've been on.But i think Rob wants the family feeling back this place gives off.I am a Black sheep of the family but still try to ge along with folks.Just don't screw me or your Ass is mine Quote:AS Rodney King Said "Can't we All just get along"
Unread 01-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #9
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Backyard Mechanic" View Post
Maybe it's just me,and if it is,then just ignore all this,I not pointing fingers at ANYONE,just seeing if anyone else feels this way also.
Hey BM, I can't speak for anyone else, but I think I understand what you mean.

I used to be very active on this site, but now, I visit almost everyday but rarely post anymore. For me, the atmosphere has changed since I first joined. I don't know why and I probably could not put my finger on what has caused the change. But, when I first started coming to this site, everyone was willing to help someone with whatever their issue happened to be, which was normally Corvette related. Through this sort of generosity among fellow (women too) Corvette owners, this site developed into a great bunch of friends with common interests.

Unfortunately, I don't see the same warmth and affection that we once had here. Hell, I'm probably to blame as much as everyone else, ...I now have some people on my IGNORE list, and I never had that before. Maybe Thor is right, and the stress of today's world has affected what we do and how we do it on this site. Maybe I am the only one that feels this way, but I don't come to this site to discuss things like, turning my house into my own personal armory, or making sure I have developed an exit strategy to leave the country that I have fought for, and love, etc. I am not saying these topics are not worthy of discussion, but I don't come here for this type of interaction. There are sooo many other sites that I can go to and do this, if I choose to do so. I come here to interact with friends that have a common interest, ...Corvettes.

One last thing, I hate to see the constant bickering going on between members of this site and a supporting vendor. To me, it does not set a good tone for the rest of the site. I also am not taking any sides in any of these conflicts. But, I try to live by the old saying, ...there are two sides to every story and the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I owe a lot to this site. Without it I would have never gained some of the friends that I now have in the Corvette hobby. I just would like to see the site be more of a Florida Corvette site and less of a bitch site.

I hope I did not offend anyone, because I really am not trying to do so.

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #10
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

^ ^ ^

Well said...

Now lets have a GAINT BBQ..or mabey even a GIANT BBQ
zzzona is offline   Reply With Quote