The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 02-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #11
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

You can bet on record fires if we go without rain the next few months. Been so dry the last 3 months.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

We've been getting some rain up here in north Florida. Matter of fact the forecast is calling for rain every day this week. At least as of today, of course. Subject to change without notice.
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #13
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
We've been getting some rain up here in north Florida. Matter of fact the forecast is calling for rain every day this week. At least as of today, of course. Subject to change without notice.
You guys always get more in the winter. Most all of the upper level energy stays well to our north. We have rain out in the gulf but once it gets within 20 miles of the beach it dies off.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
Rich Z

Yeah, May seems to be the driest month up here most years. That's when we tend to get the fires. We have had some VERY wet Springs, though, and when that happens, flooding is everywhere. We've had the road through our property get the bridge washed out a couple of times over the years. Jump Creek runs through the north end of our property and gets pretty wet and wild during those periods of heavy rains. Fortunately the house stays high and dry, though.

The bamboo groves tend to do better with those wet Springs, and certainly we don't have to be constantly watering the fruit trees.

Of course, during the wet weather, the Corvettes don't get to go out much....

Unread 02-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #15
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Thanks to Accurweather I was able to plan Orlando to Maine for this past weekend .I waited in Frederick VA for I 95 to open in Connecticut and then waited another 6 hours for additional clearing .Yep when I got to CT only one lane was open and I was the lead vehicle There we're no road crews working at all which I could understand if I we're in the south .

When I replaced my old tire I went with Michelin all season RF and I'm glad of that .We we're sideways a few times but traction control did help and I made it home with the dirtiest Corvette in the nation .No damage ,just dirty .

Thank you Accuweather for great forcasting and thank you for absolutely nothing DOT Connecticut .
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 02:55 AM   #16
Rich Z

Dammit............

Watched the forecast for tonight change almost hourly until the forecast stopped because midnight rolled around. They were predicting a low of 37 overnight. Well, it's 32.5 on my front porch right now. So they cannot even get a forecast only 6 to 8 hours in the future correct.

Hope some of the plants we should have covered up don't get damaged.

Saturday and Sunday night they are predicting a low of 28 and 27 degrees, respectively. But I guess that is subject to change without any notice as well.
Unread 02-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #17
Rich Z

Ouch! They are calling for a low of 25 degrees here tonight. Guess we'll be using up all the tarps we have to cover up as many fruit trees as we can. So we'll have to start early before it gets too dark.

The peach trees and apple trees are putting out blooms. One of the pear trees is fully leafed out right now. Some of the tangerines are putting out new growth too.

Well, I HOPE they are wrong and the temp doesn't really get that low.
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:00 AM   #18
Rich Z

Well, at 8pm they changed the forecast to be a low of only 29 degrees. So I'm not sure what we will really get. It's 30.4 degrees on the front porch right at the moment. Sunday night they are now calling for a low of 27 degrees. Subject to change without notice, of course.
Unread 02-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #19
Rich Z

Well, the low last night on the front porch got down to 25 degrees. They are still predicting 27 for tonight.
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #20
Rich Z

Well, the forecast for tonight is like a yo-yo. First it went up to 28 degrees, and then just recently it dropped down to 26. Ah well, the plants are all covered right now, at least the ones we covered last night till we ran out of tarps. Getting ready to go out and drip the irrigation pipes a bit.