The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 06-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
Electra

Name :
Electra is on a distinguished road
Talking NCM 12th Anniv. Celebration Aug. 31-Sept. 3

Is anyone from Florida planning on attending? We're leaving from Fort Myers to attend this event and would be interested in caravanning with anyone else who is going. If you are not aware of this event, I have copied and pasted info from the NCM website (www.corvettemuseum.com) below.

2006 NCM Anniversary Labor Day Weekend
Welcome Corvette Clubs and Members!
August 31 - September 3, 2006
To register for the Celebration - click here
For the Celebaration agenda - click here

The Museum proudly invites you to join us as we celebrate our 12th Anniversary at the annual Corvette Celebration – August 31 - September 3, 2006! The event held each Labor Day weekend is a four-day celebration that brings home NCM members, supporters and Corvette enthusiasts from across the globe for activities exclusive only to the NCM! This year's event will feature a special Corvette Club recognition with a “club show field”, Corvette Club Pentathlon game off and much more.

Each club that participates in the event will receive a complimentary 10X20 space on the field to stage and gather as a group and display their club's memorabilia. Bring your own tent to be a part of the fun. Show field displays will be judged for the best decorated tent and clubs traveling the farthest distance will be recognized.

Club members may compete in the game-off pentathlon to receive the “Club Cup”. Games include slow drags, golf chip challange, creeper race, scavenger hunt, gimmick tour and more. A parade, autocross and much more are in store for participants.

Keeping in tradition with our “members-only” celebration theme, every non-member registering for the event will receive a complimentary individual membership to the Museum as part of their registration. Current members may register for the event for only $10 per person and Lifetime members will receive “free” admission.

Another exciting highlight of this year's event is the 9 th annual Corvette Hall of Fame Induction Banquet. Join us as we induct retired Corvette Chief Engineer, David Hill, Corvette performance engineer and racer, John Lingenfelter and one of the founding members of the National Corvette Restorers Society (NCRS), Gary Mortimer to the elite group of individuals recognized for their contribution to the Corvette. Seating is limited and available on a first come – first served basis.

Other exciting events planned include drag racing/autocross, seminars by some of Corvette's best known designers, engineers and celebrities, road tour excursions to some of the area's historic and legendary attractions, tours of the Museum and Corvette Assembly Plant, a celebrity choice car show and so much more.

We will draw the winner for the 2007 Red Corvette Coupe Convertible as part of activities slated for Sunday. Tickets are only $10 each! Winner need not be present to win. Order your ticket now.

See old friends, make new friends and showcase your Corvette Club – at the 2006 Corvette Celebration!
Unread 06-26-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
WC06VETTE

Name :
WC06VETTE has disabled reputation

WE LIVE IN WESLEY CHAPEL (NORTH OF TAMPA) AND MY HUSBAND AND I PLAN ON GOING.
WC06VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 04:43 PM   #3
Electra

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC06VETTE
Thanks for your response. I've sent you an email and look forward to hearing back from you.
Unread 06-26-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
3318C5

Name :
3318C5 has disabled reputation

I now live in Jacksonville and plan on going.

03 An Ed M6
Mods=A lot...
3318C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2006, 08:25 AM   #5
Electra

Name :
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3318C5
I now live in Jacksonville and plan on going.
Your cool car will certaily be easy to identify! We'll keep an eye peeled for you!
Unread 06-28-2006, 08:34 PM   #6
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

I can't believe it's been 12 years already! How many of you attended the grand opening of the NCM and travelled in one of the caranvans from across the country? Got any stories to tell or pictures to share? What an experience I'll see if I can dig some of my pictures out and scan them. This was before digital photography
Unread 06-28-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Looks like I had some photos already scanned. Please forgive the quality of the pics. My how photography has changed in 12 years!

The first photo is the parking lot of the Opryland in Nashville which was the staging area for corvettes coming from the south and west. There were over 1000 vettes there. They grouped us with the oldest going out first, C1 - C4. I had a '92 so I was near the end

They closed northbound I-65 from Nashville to Bowling Green except for corvettes. What a sight it was!! There were miles of corvettes! The southbound truckers honked and waved. They had us pull over and stop while they got things ready in Bowling Green:

The last photo is the local Bowling Green newspaper's front page:
Unread 06-29-2006, 08:29 AM   #8
Electra

Name :

The photos are reminiscent of the 50th Anniversary caravan to Bowling Green. I count that event as one of our best vacations ever--especially the five Hot Laps on the Atlanta Motor Speedway! I'm ready to do it all over again!
Unread 07-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #9
Electra

Name :
Default WC06VETTE: 12th Anniv. at NCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC06VETTE
Send us an email; perhaps we can caravan together!