The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 06-13-2020, 10:51 AM   #51
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Looks like confirmed cases are beginning to rise....
Attached Images

Unread 06-13-2020, 03:54 PM   #52
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Seems to be coming back big time.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2020, 11:24 AM   #53
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
Seems to be coming back big time.
Yeah. I don't think that having mass protests in the middle of a pandemic was the smartest idea that anyone has ever had.
Unread 06-18-2020, 03:56 PM   #54
Rich Z

Well, I'm not sure if it is because Florida is opening up maybe a mite bit too soon, or perhaps the protests pushed too many people too close together, but the confirmed cases sure did jump a LOT higher the last few days.
Attached Images

Unread 06-18-2020, 07:52 PM   #55
Rich Z

Quote:
Florida Reports an Alarming 3,207 Coronavirus Cases in 1 Day

By Lynn Allison | Thursday, 18 June 2020 01:27 PM

Florida reported 3,207 new cases of COVID-19 Thursday, smashing its previous one-day record high of 2,783 new cases set on Tuesday. Since the pandemic began, the state has reported under 1,700 new cases daily up until a week ago. Now, the numbers are soaring.

According to a local news report, Florida has 85,926 total cases and 3,061 deaths associated with COVID-19. Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez said Wednesday that the county would step up the enforcement of safety guidelines.

“Rest assured if you are business owner and decide this is not your problem, we’re going to make it your problem,” he said Wednesday, according to Local 10. “Businesses that are not abiding by the rule will be shut down by the Miami-Dade police.”

Gov. Ron DeSantis said Tuesday that the state would not shut down and will continue its reopening plans despite the rising numbers. He said that record high new cases were due to increased testing.

CNN’s chief medical correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, refuted that statement saying that other states like New York experienced a decrease in new cases even when they stepped up testing. Florida’s testing is “roughly holding steady and yet cases are climbing,” he wrote in a Twitter thread on June 16.
SOURCE: https://www.newsmax.com/health/healt...3/?oRef=vuukle
Unread 06-19-2020, 01:35 PM   #56
Rich Z

Well, yeah.... Anyone else seeing a trend here?
Attached Images

Unread 06-19-2020, 07:31 PM   #57
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

I've heard that quite a few (if not most) of the new cases are from people in the 20-35 or 40 year old bracket. That's most of the people that I see going "maskless". Maybe make mask wearing mandatory if you go outside your house...........
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2020, 08:20 PM   #58
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe View Post
I've heard that quite a few (if not most) of the new cases are from people in the 20-35 or 40 year old bracket. That's most of the people that I see going "maskless". Maybe make mask wearing mandatory if you go outside your house...........
Andy
I don't think it is an issue if you are out in your yard. And perhaps not even on a parking lot or in a park or on a beach. But if you are in an enclosed area like a building with other people there, then that is where I would want to be wearing a mask.

Connie and I drove up to the Bass Pro shop in Tallahassee so I could purchase a few boxes of buckshot shotgun ammo. I'd say it was about half and half of people wearing masks and those not. In one instance we saw a small family going into the store, with a young couple, 2 small children and a young toddler in arms. All of them were wearing masks. All of the employees inside were wearing masks too. But granted they were just surgeon masks and ones like modified bandanas, so they aren't really worth a damn for blocking an airborne virus. I have a box of the 3M N95 respirator masks, and those are what Connie and I have been wearing. We let them sit for several days in the garage between wearings, so the heat there should zap any virus particles that might happen to be clinging to them. And of course we use hand sanitizer and when we get home wash our hands thoroughly and multiple times.

But we have always been pretty much germ-a-phobes and consequently rarely get sick. And we take lots of vitamins and health supplements. So hopefully we are about as defended as well as can be in a practical sense.

Of course, I wish we were hearing black and white TRUTH about what is going on. Everything seems to be so politicized these days with nearly everyone perfectly willing and able to lie their asses off if it accomplishes their goals. There just seems to be no shame or penalty for the liars, so there is absolutely no incentive for them to stop. Unfortunately. Personally, had I the power, I would make public officials lying to the public a capital crime.
Unread 06-26-2020, 02:18 PM   #59
Rich Z

Yeah, DEFINITELY seeing a substantial increase in confirmed cases here in Florida. But on the flip side, all the rioting, physically attacking others, and looting that likely precipitated this spike in infections may very well be considered as the just rewards for the participants. It's not like they didn't know about the danger of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, now is it? So they willingly chose to ignore the danger and now the pigeons are coming home to roost for them. IMHO.

I imagine the results of contact tracing will be interesting, to say the least.
Attached Images

Unread 06-26-2020, 07:18 PM   #60
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Lock it all down again for 6 months. Die getting sick or break the country is our choice it seems.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote