The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 01-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
Mac98vette

Name :
Mac98vette has disabled reputation
Default Cold Air Induction Systems

I own a 99 Vette and I'm thinking of getting a Cold Air System. Anybody got any suggestions?
Mac98vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
Corvette Concepts

Name :
Corvette Concepts is on a distinguished road
Default Cold Air Induction

Corvette Concepts was the first to design and manufacture a cold air induction for a C5 in 1997. Our original system was called Ram Air Induction and now after six redesigns I belive we have the best system on the market. Our current system is called Cyclone Induction. Our design allows smooth, clean, directionalized airflow into your intake creating faster throttle response and noticable seat of the pants acceleration. We use a genuine K&N filter that we designed the box around in a cylinder shape rather than just finding a filter that would stuff into a rectangle. Independent dynos have shown up to 21 RWHP with Cyclone Induction. Other systems have advertised 40+ HP but when tested have only delivered 11HP.
In an attempt to create product interest and show our commitment to this Forum, we are offering special pricing. Cyclone Induction regularly sells for $299.00 plus shipping. We are offering a CorvetteFlorida pricing of only $249.00 with FREE shipping. You will also receive hood badges that will indicate your motor and your Cyclone Induction system. It would read "LS1 5.7 Cyclone Induction. These decals are available in black, silver, red, yellow and a few other various colors. Cyclone Induction, like every product we offer comes with a money back satisfaction guarantee. If you're thinking of installing a cold air induction system give Cyclone Induction a try.

Corvette Concepts
Delco/Mongoose Performance
Corvette Ranch
Sarasota, Florida 34240
941-322-0577
Corvette Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 05:09 PM   #3
coolassbrad

Name :
coolassbrad is on a distinguished road

do you install and how much
coolassbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

I have been researching this for about 3 mos. now. There is a wealth of info on Corvette Forum if you use the search feature. Basically what I have learned is that any air filter or box system that feeds on ambient air from the engine compartment is a waste of time and $. (There are many of these on the market that advertise "ease of installation" and no cutting or modifications required.) A true cold air induction system uses a scoop or air duct to introduce outside air into the air filter while the vehicle is in motion. Virtually all of these require some cutting or modification to the radiator shroud which many are reluctant to do (me included). The most favored seem to be Vararam, Callaway Honker, and Lingenfelter (LPE). Since my car is an '07 I am very squeamish about the warranty. If it wasn't for that I would use one of the above three without hesitation as they all have proven dyno results. Good Luck
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2007, 11:10 PM   #5
Corvette Concepts

Name :
Corvette Concepts is on a distinguished road
Default Cyclone Induction Installation

We do install the Cyclone and have done hundreds of installs. Our install cost is $50.00 and can be done while you wait and watch. We also do any other modifications you may want including appearance also. We paint hundreds of Calipers every year. Our caliper painting is done with the best quality products available and we do a set of four for $350.00. If we can answer any questions or you would like to schedule an appointment feel free to call!!

Corvette Concepts
Delco/Mongoose Performance
Corvette Ranch
Sarasota, Florida 34240
941-322-0577
Corvette Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 07:35 AM   #6
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Do you have a diagram or is there a website for the Cyclone? Is there a duct system to gather the outside air of does it rely solely on the air within the engine cavity? Does installation require shroud modification? Still in the learning stage and would like to know more about this one
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #7
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Concepts
We do install the Cyclone and have done hundreds of installs. Our install cost is $50.00 and can be done while you wait and watch. We also do any other modifications you may want including appearance also. We paint hundreds of Calipers every year. Our caliper painting is done with the best quality products available and we do a set of four for $350.00. If we can answer any questions or you would like to schedule an appointment feel free to call!!
Jake installed his CAI on my 04 z51 a4 along with a used Corsa touring exhaust. I do notice more all around snap, the car feels more peppy thru out the rmp range. MPG ave was around 27mpg going to Jakes shop and 28.7 mpg after his install. That was a 180 mile round trip, and well worth the drive!

Chas
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2007, 12:23 AM   #8
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster
Do you have a diagram or is there a website for the Cyclone? Is there a duct system to gather the outside air of does it rely solely on the air within the engine cavity? Does installation require shroud modification? Still in the learning stage and would like to know more about this one
Try their website for starters:

http://www.corvetteconcepts.com/

http://www.corvetteconcepts.com/Prod...ne/Cyclone.htm

................Tom