• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

left running light

my left running light was out when i first -ought my c5. got it replaced. worked fine for a few weeks. then when i drove through a touch free car wash it. stopped working again. thought it may just -e a temporary short,
-ut is still is out (as is my - -utton) any suggestions?

did you happen to inspect the bulb socket itself, could be corroded and not making good contact with the bulb.

fyi, i was at the corvette shop last week talking to mike for a little while. among my questions was what he thought the problem was. he told me that our running light housings develop a hole at the bottom. this coincides with the fact that i have some crud inside the housing. also the bulb stopped working as soon as i drove through the car wash. water from the undercarriage cleaner gets into the housing and hits the hot bulb. the rest is history.

Ditto

I had the same problem the other day...Was at a friends house, parked in their driveway when their sprinklers came on. Just barely got the bottom of the car wet but when I started home the left turn signal went out. Next morning took it out and discovered an electrical short mark on the bulb contacts. Cleaned it off with an emery file, put it back in and viola, it worked! Looking at the housing, I can't see where water gets in but it must, cause I see quite a few posts on this problem. :dancer01:

Back