The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 10-12-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Default Slashed tires

I can't understand what some people have the odasity to do to others property. I go wednesday night to the local pub to pick up a friend of mine who drank to much and to my amazement he is on the floor of the pub being choked by this guy and the bouncer is just standing there. Now I used to bounce at this place just this past summer for about 5 months. I wouldn't have been standing there. I grab the guy throw him off and push him out the door. Then he decides he wants to play with me. So one punch in the face I had enough of this guy. So I continue to beat the **** out of him because I don't like to get hit in the face. Who does? After he gives in he smacks me in the face and says I will remember him tomorrow. Gee you think?!
Well I call 911 and get that all squared away and grab my friend and go to my car and realize after trying to drive off I have 2 flat tires. Yup I'm alleging that the bastard cut the 2 tires on my passenger side of the car. He was right I remembered him yesterday.
You see I didn't press charges because he said that he would press charges on my friend and I couldn't have that because my friend is trying to get his life in order and help his mom and younger brother out financially and if he goes to jail then he is basically out of a job.So the LEO just made the other guy leave. Now I have this on video but I haven't been able to look at it completely to see if I can see if my car was in view of the camera. I sure hope it is. How long do I have to press charges on this guy if I do see him in the video cutting my tires? DO I have any recourse with the pub for not acting on this guy from the beginning? Maybe Gordon will read this and let me know. So after hours of frustrating tire swaps with 2 used tires I picked up locally, AND OH DID I MENTION I LOCKED MY KEYS IN MY CAR ALSO.I finally made it home last night at 7:30 tired hungry and dehydrated. What a fed up day I had. Well today is friday and I am not going to look back at yesterday. The Motivational quote I put in the General BS this morning is just perfect for me.

SM
Name:  flag_germany.gif
Views: 139
Size:  813 Bytes
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 08:12 AM   #2
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

WOOOh I would have pointed plame to him too!!!

I hope things work out for you!

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 08:24 AM   #3
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Ok, A couple of things:

1) I'm buying the drinks, but we're drinking down here! You have to many crazies up there

2) You have (IIRC) 60 days to follow up on a referral to the SAO. If there was no referral, then you really haven't started the process yet.

Look at the video ASAP! If it's on there, you need to report it IMMEDIATELY!

If it's not, you're probably SOL

Without more than speculation, the states not likely to pursue charges on a criminal mischief. BTW, whats the total cost of the tires he cut?

You really should have made the report when you found the dameage anyway, just for principle. Most departments have a call in like manned by civillian (non-sworn) employees and LDO's (officers on light duty).

Get that done ASAP as well.

Did you take pics at the scene? Again, check that video ASAP before it gets, damaged, "lost" or recorded over.

The bar? Maybe. The have a duty to maintain a safe environment for thier customers. I'm working one right now where a similar thing occurred.

They had a "bouncer" which "implies" that they maintain security OR they know there's a problem and failed to warn customers. YBOR CITY in Tampa has a HUGE sign over a lot here that tells a story of a particular bar in the area that has had multiple homicides and agg. batteries in the last few years and warns patrons of the dangers associated with the establishmentDamn line was half way around the block last time I was there (few weeks ago)

Anyway, if the bouncer (security person) took no action, then you and your friend may have a civil case against the bar for damages.

Let me know how the video turns out first

Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 09:27 AM   #4
sandman

Name :
Default Many Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Ok, A couple of things:

1) I'm buying the drinks, but we're drinking down here! You have to many crazies up there

2) You have (IIRC) 60 days to follow up on a referral to the SAO. If there was no referral, then you really haven't started the process yet.

Look at the video ASAP! If it's on there, you need to report it IMMEDIATELY!

If it's not, you're probably SOL

Without more than speculation, the states not likely to pursue charges on a criminal mischief. BTW, whats the total cost of the tires he cut?

You really should have made the report when you found the dameage anyway, just for principle. Most departments have a call in like manned by civillian (non-sworn) employees and LDO's (officers on light duty).

Get that done ASAP as well.

Did you take pics at the scene? Again, check that video ASAP before it gets, damaged, "lost" or recorded over.

The bar? Maybe. The have a duty to maintain a safe environment for thier customers. I'm working one right now where a similar thing occurred.

They had a "bouncer" which "implies" that they maintain security OR they know there's a problem and failed to warn customers. YBOR CITY in Tampa has a HUGE sign over a lot here that tells a story of a particular bar in the area that has had multiple homicides and agg. batteries in the last few years and warns patrons of the dangers associated with the establishmentDamn line was half way around the block last time I was there (few weeks ago)

Anyway, if the bouncer (security person) took no action, then you and your friend may have a civil case against the bar for damages.

Let me know how the video turns out first

Gordon
Gordon I will. I am going to see if I can find someone with a video VCR so it won't take me 12 hours to watch 30 minutes of video. I will call the JSO when I get off work and report the tires being slashed And get a report filed on that. Total cost I would have to look at my receipts for my tires. They are in my glove box.
yes I am not going to this place for a long time if ever. It's unfortunate it is one of the few places in my area where you can Sing kareoke have a few drinks a feel safe. Well the safe part doesn't need to be added anymore because I am not working there anymore. I will let you know when I have all the details. It might be Monday when I get back here to work but i will try to send you a pm before then. Thank You again!

SM
Views: 118
Unread 10-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #5
coolassbrad

Name :
coolassbrad is on a distinguished road

smack your buddy just because
coolassbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #6
sandman

Name :
Default like it

I like that Idea.

SM
Views: 107
Unread 10-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Hmm, I think if someone slashed my tires and I knew who it was, I would do everything I could to make the rest of their life not worth living.
Unread 10-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #8
sandman

Name :
Default Trust Me

I know ho this guy is and he has 19 years in the Navy. When I watch the video and see him on there and it shows him slashing my tires i will first make a stop to the Base Commander. He will get an ugly discharge. Trust me. If that fails Well I can't tell you what my plans are. I don't want to incriminate myself. What comes around goes around, just like my soap opera.

SM
Views: 496
Unread 10-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #9
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
I know ho this guy is and he has 19 years in the Navy. When I watch the video and see him on there and it shows him slashing my tires i will first make a stop to the Base Commander. He will get an ugly discharge. Trust me. If that fails Well I can't tell you what my plans are. I don't want to incriminate myself. What comes around goes around, just like my soap opera.

SM
Attachment 1661
I hear ya, man. But no law against wishing EXTREMELY bad luck on someone....
Unread 10-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #10
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post

SM
Attachment 1661
Ok, all BS aside, use your head!Paybacks feel good short term but are usually not worth the cost in the end

I think the call to his Base Commander will likely do the trickI'd expect you'll receive a full compensation direct from his paycheck I like the way the military does things on occasion...none of this ok, you have a lien now enforce it BS

If things don't go well, before you do anything, call me (no PM's, thier retrievable) and stop venting here...it may bite you in the ass later
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote