The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Legal Issues

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Legal Issues Traffic tickets | Laws | Pending Legislation

Unread 04-05-2011, 05:18 AM   #1
Jake_Dragon
That Guy

Name : Jake
Jake_Dragon is on a distinguished road
Default Someone is taking a leak on your car

Ok this didn't happen to me but a kid on one of the other boards I watch did.

He was at a party and another kid showed up and started picking fights. When that didn't do the trick he started taking a leak on the first kids car.

The first kid saw this and punched him in the nose, not hard but enough to get his attention.

So my question
Someone is taking a leak on your car in front of witnesses and you clean the mess up with his face. Will you get in trouble with the police?
Jake_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

You took the law into your own hands, you will probably spend the night in jail...
Unread 04-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

No, I wouldn't do anything intentionally harmful to him. But accidents DO happen at the darndest times...
Unread 04-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
C6Flatfoot

Name :
C6Flatfoot has disabled reputation

Bad move!

In front of witnesses!

Not only will you be charged with a Battery, you'll need to hire a lawyer to defend you.

Besides that, the jerk can pick up a phone book, and get a lawer for free to sue you in civil court! Even if he doesn't win, you'll have to hire a lawyer again to defend yourself.

The satisfaction of cleaning the car with the jerk just isn't worth the consequences.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Unread 04-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

It'd be nice if you had an anti-theft system that included a low power proximity taser. Not enough to do real harm but merely enough to get his attention.

I agree with the others though. Just clean the car and let it slide.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6Flatfoot View Post
Bad move!

In front of witnesses!

Not only will you be charged with a Battery, you'll need to hire a lawyer to defend you.

Besides that, the jerk can pick up a phone book, and get a lawer for free to sue you in civil court! Even if he doesn't win, you'll have to hire a lawyer again to defend yourself.

The satisfaction of cleaning the car with the jerk just isn't worth the consequences.

Just my 2 cents worth.
That is where patience and strategy comes into play. The law would not do anything about someone pissing on your car. That also implies that the law will do nothing about things you may want to do in return. Especially if there are no witnesses and no proof. If that is the way the system is, then use it to your own advantage when warranted.

Along the same line, suppose you are having an argument with someone and they simply spit in your face? Most people could not resist trying to forcibly press the spitter's nose out the back of their head, but realistically, will not that sort of response land you with an assault charge? What IS a suitable response, legally?
Unread 04-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #7
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
That is where patience and strategy comes into play. The law would not do anything about someone pissing on your car. That also implies that the law will do nothing about things you may want to do in return. Especially if there are no witnesses and no proof. If that is the way the system is, then use it to your own advantage when warranted.

Along the same line, suppose you are having an argument with someone and they simply spit in your face? Most people could not resist trying to forcibly press the spitter's nose out the back of their head, but realistically, will not that sort of response land you with an assault charge? What IS a suitable response, legally?

The spitting in the face is battery. It is a crime against you. That is a case that you can defend yourself from further attack (provided witnesses don't tell the police you ran after him for a block before you relocated his nose).

The peeing on the car is not a person crime, but rather a property crime (if they would even call it that since there is no permanent damage done). The best the officer could do in the urinating caper is charge the peeing guy with disorderly conduct/breech of peace.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
Jake_Dragon
That Guy

Name : Jake
Jake_Dragon is on a distinguished road

Honestly there has to be more to the story. I cant think of any reason good enough to pee on someones car.
I wouldn't necessarily throw a punch over that but I'm sure that the real reason the ass hat was peeing on the car would come out after the initial confrontation.
It would be my guess that the urinating on the car was done to provoke a fight and if that failed the guy would try something else until he got the response he was after.
Jake_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #9
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
The spitting in the face is battery. It is a crime against you. That is a case that you can defend yourself from further attack (provided witnesses don't tell the police you ran after him for a block before you relocated his nose).

The peeing on the car is not a person crime, but rather a property crime (if they would even call it that since there is no permanent damage done). The best the officer could do in the urinating caper is charge the peeing guy with disorderly conduct/breech of peace.
Is "indecent exposure" a crime?
Unread 04-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #10
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Is "indecent exposure" a crime?
In Massachusetts it's considered a sexual offense (exposing yourself in public) and if you are convicted of the crime, you WILL HAVE TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER! Someone pisses on my car, I'm getting a video of him doing it and going after him/her in court.
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote