The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Competitions and Racing Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Competitions and Racing Forum Any and all forms of contests. "Kill" stories are OK, but please note that this site does NOT condone illegal activities. So discretion is advised.

Unread 07-02-2019, 07:13 PM   #1
cor123

Name :
cor123 has disabled reputation
Default CORVETTE RACING IN CANADA: Fässler to Fill In for Milner at CTMP

Press Release:

Hand injury sidelines Corvette Racing standout for this weekend

CORVETTE RACING IN CANADA: Fässler to Fill In for Milner at CTMP
Hand injury sidelines Corvette Racing standout for this weekend

DETROIT (July 2, 2019) – Marcel Fässler will drive for Corvette Racing this weekend at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park as a fill-in for Tommy Milner. Milner, who regularly drives the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.R with Oliver Gavin, suffered an injury to his left hand in a crash on the opening lap Sunday at the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen.

As a result, Fässler will team with Gavin and make his first start at CTMP for the Mobil 1 Sports Car Grand Prix presented by Acura. It also will mark the first time Milner has missed an event for Corvette Racing since joining the program in 2011.

Fässler has been part of Corvette Racing’s endurance lineup for the past four seasons. He teamed with Gavin and Milner for 24-hour races at Daytona, Le Mans and Sebring’s 12-hour enduro. His return to Corvette Racing comes three weeks after his own heavy crash at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Milner’s status will be re-evaluated ahead of Corvette Racing’s event at Lime Rock Park on July 19-20.

The Mobil 1 Sports Car Grand Prix presented by Acura begins at 1:05 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 7. It will air live on NBC beginning at 1 p.m. ET. Live audio coverage of practices, qualifying and the race from IMSA Radio is available on IMSA.com.

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “My day went from bad to worse Sunday. Additional tests after my initial exam at Watkins Glen showed an injury to my left hand that will prevent me from competing at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park this weekend. On the advice of doctors, there is too much risk for further damage and it would be best to allow time for it to heal. I look forward to getting back into the car as soon as I'm able. In the meantime, I'm glad we are able to call on Marcel. He always does a great job for the team and we’re all confident he’ll do the same this weekend.”

MARCEL FÄSSLER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “I’m very sorry for Tommy’s injury. I’m sure It is a very difficult and frustrating situation for him, and I hope he is back in the Corvette soon. It will be a different experience driving the C7.R around Canadian Tire Motorsport Park than what I am used to at Daytona, Sebring and Le Mans. But Corvette Racing is a very close team. We all work well together, so I’m positive the team will do the best job possible helping me get up to speed.”
cor123 is offline   Reply With Quote