The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 08-27-2020, 07:01 AM   #1
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road
Default Loading slow

Been taking a long time to load for a while now. Not sure what is going on.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2020, 11:53 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I think with so many people telecommuting because of the virus thing, it is having an overall effect on the internet. I asked my server guys about it and they said that the data center has had, by far, much more traffic than they have ever seen before.

My nightly database backups (about 5 gigabytes), which should only take about a minute, are now taking 6 minutes or more. And I have gigabit service through Comcast. Sometimes it is so slow I just cancel the process and then try later at night when hopefully traffic won't be so bad.

I usually will do monthly backups of all my sites, but one of them is about 150 gigabytes, and I'm a little apprehensive about how long that would take now.