The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   On The Road Outside of Florida (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Auto Train Transport (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53954)

vettejack 01-04-2011 02:34 PM

Forget the railroad...

4 Attachment(s)
If God had meant us to travel by rail he wouldn't have built all them airplanes!! :hehehe:

Go OTR, or by sea, and try these guys pictured below instead!! :rofl1:

THOR 01-04-2011 07:54 PM

Hilarious Jack. I especially like the car frame on the bike.

Rich Z 03-27-2011 11:50 PM

Yeah, too bad the rail system has fallen to the wayside. Connie and I have been talking about train trips across the country, but it looks like unless you want to use the hobo method, this really isn't an option. We'll probably have to drive whereever we want to go, and perhaps catch those little tourist train rides scattered here and there.

Curacao 03-28-2011 08:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I took this in Sarasota.

Latino Transport Company:
Camaro-Haul is better than U-Haul.

mickeystoysz16 03-28-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 134486)
Yeah, too bad the rail system has fallen to the wayside. Connie and I have been talking about train trips across the country, but it looks like unless you want to use the hobo method, this really isn't an option. We'll probably have to drive whereever we want to go, and perhaps catch those little tourist train rides scattered here and there.

:iagree: Too bad I love the train.

We were not allow to own a car while in school so the only way to travel was by train. For a $7 and approx 1 hr. train ride to NYC then the subway anywhere in the city. Then while on leave in Europe from Bosnia and Kosovo took the train everywhere. I have even used the train in Fl From Sebring to Jacksonville then to Tampa. during those two different trips I was able to have coffee and breakfast, read the paper work on my laptop and read a book instead of just focusing on driving.

Rich Z 03-28-2011 03:50 PM

When I was a kid my mom took myself and my two brothers on a train trip from Maryland to south Florida. I remember thinking that it was just like being in a car, except you could get up and go to the bathroom anytime you wanted to without begging your mom or dad to stop the car.

Of course, the trip back was much more exciting because us kids had boxes filled with lizards, frogs, and whatever other living creature we were able to capture while in Florida. My mom was scared to death they would get out and panic would ensue on the train... Because of course we wanted to LOOK at our treasures...... :hehehe:

I seriously doubt I will ever get onto a commercial airplane again, as I just don't see myself allowing to be subjected to the indignities that the airlines now require of you in order to utilize their services. And I'm not all that sure that bus trips would be all that much fun. So I guess we need to get some travelling done while we are still physically able to drive the distance ourselves....