The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   My dad died today.... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1018)

Coastal 10-31-2006 09:07 PM

Sorry for your loss

Rich Z 10-31-2006 09:32 PM

I just talked to my mom a little while ago. It was an aortic embolism that killed my dad. There is not going to be any service, and his remains will just be cremated. As best I can tell, none of my brothers nor sister are requesting any sort of service.

Damn sad that a man could alienate his own flesh and blood so much that they don't really have any desire to say any last goodbyes....... I think that saddens me much more than his actual passing.

JimZ06 11-06-2006 10:20 PM

Rich, I am so sorry for such the belated reply. Nevertheless, please know my heartflet condolenses go out to you and yours for your loss.

I think someone already said it, but regardless of the relationship you had with your Dad, he is and always will be your Dad, blood is thick and it never thins no matter what might happen between father and son.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss my friend.

zzzona 11-07-2006 07:43 AM

I am probably the worst person in the world when it comes to expressing myself in words, but I am sorry for your father's passing. I believe that with the death of a parent, no matter what your relationship was, a part of you departs this world with them. I lost my father many years ago, and my mother died in my arms last Monday..I loved her dearly...I hope one day you and your dad can mend some fences......
Dave

Ghost 11-08-2006 10:27 AM

My condolences, Rich. Losing a parent is hard, no matter the status of the relationship between you.

Rich Z 11-08-2006 12:31 PM

It's OK.

Went down to see my mom this past weekend, and the subject of my dad hardly even came into the conversation. He chose to become only a memory long before he died.

Thanks everyone.

Guro305 11-08-2006 03:23 PM

My condolenses Rich.:nonod: I had the same situation with my Mom. We always bumped heads; never really got along.

But when I found out she was dead, to see her in a body bag........I have very little words. It's an awful thing to go through and you are never ready for it. I ended up getting her headstone tattooed from my shoulder down my arm as a form of closure (which is really an overused word) and rememberance. You always have a piece of them with you.......count on it!;)

sabre34 11-09-2006 01:53 PM

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I was lucky and had a good relationship with my dad. He has been gone for a long time now and a day doesn't go by when I don't think of him. I hope you will be able to remember the positive things about your dad.

Guro305 11-10-2006 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabre34
Very sorry to hear about your loss. I was lucky and had a good relationship with my dad. He has been gone for a long time now and a day doesn't go by when I don't think of him. I hope you will be able to remember the positive things about your dad.

:iagree: