The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and Happenings (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   February 9 & 10th Car Show in Bradenton (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8017)

63GSreplica 02-07-2008 05:01 PM

BM-I'm going Saturday, not sure what time I'll go, trying to decide if it's better to go early or wait for the insanity to clear. Leaving from North Port

63GSreplica 02-09-2008 03:42 PM

This show was the BIGGEST WASTE of time. I would guess 50 or less cars showed up, and the rain was on/off then poured. There were about 8 or so from the Naples club, and about 5 other Corvettes that showed up. Overall, I'd give this a -5 :ack2:

EDIT: the show promoters admitted to bad planning and did make an honest effort to make good with those that showed up. For what it was advertised as/for, it was far below what it should have been, they will try again and anyone who signed up this year gets free entry next year. I'll give them a :thumbsup: for admitting bad planning and being honest about it.

98 softtail 02-10-2008 11:52 PM

Sunday

Quote:

Originally Posted by 63GSreplica (Post 50822)
This show was the BIGGEST WASTE of time. I would guess 50 or less cars showed up, and the rain was on/off then poured. There were about 8 or so from the Naples club, and about 5 other Corvettes that showed up. Overall, I'd give this a -5 :ack2:

EDIT: the show promoters admitted to bad planning and did make an honest effort to make good with those that showed up. For what it was advertised as/for, it was far below what it should have been, they will try again and anyone who signed up this year gets free entry next year. I'll give them a :thumbsup: for admitting bad planning and being honest about it.

I showed up on Sunday afternoon and not more than 50 cars or so when I was there. I saw the group from Naples, and that was it for 'Vettes. The whole place seemed more like a Wake than a car show.

I am sure the weather took it's toll on everyone on Saturday.

I'm just glad I got in free.

C5Rick 02-11-2008 01:43 PM

WoW, there was more cars then that at Tony D's Cruise In Sat Night ( Mels Replacement Location) . There was around 9 vettes in attendance, with Larry B's C3 with the new owner
A pat on the back to to Dick for taking home a trophy with his nice C4.

98 softtail 02-11-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5Rick (Post 50968)
WoW, there was more cars then that at Tony D's Cruise In Sat Night ( Mels Replacement Location) . There was around 9 vettes in attendance, with Larry B's C3 with the new owner
A pat on the back to to Dick for taking home a trophy with his nice C4.

That was pretty good considering it sprinkled on and off all day.