The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Corvette Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Corvette clubs........oh boy........ (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36993)

Shadow 10-20-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floridaZ (Post 99787)
Just sayin...:crazy03:

Now that was a party!:dancer01:

Melsy 10-26-2009 11:12 AM

What a great thread. My thoughts exactly. I first joined a car club in the 60's and have belonged to 3 Corvette Clubs in Florida since the 70's. I was a founding member of the Sunshine Corvette Club in Homestead when I was an instructor fighter pilot there in the mid to late 70's. I have been unaffiliated for a number of years now for most of the reasons above--and at 67, am not the oldest member of prospective clubs whose meetings I have attended. You're right the good old days of spending a weekend in someone's garage doing some real wrench turning. That's why, quite often on this site and other Vette sites I recommend that people go to <helminc.com> and purchase a shop manual so they can at least try to figure out the what/how of these computerized cars of ours.:dancer01:

Scully 10-26-2009 01:42 PM

here is a perfect example. I back my 66 out to wash and to go for a short drive. Didn't have any brakes... right to the floor.:banghead: I had two rear calibers leaking and pads were soaked. If I had a place to go or club members to help out I could have done the job myself. I didn't have a brake bleeder or a lift just to get it off the ground. But I was back to the same old S--T no where to go and no one to help :thumbsdown:

DaveC6ZHZ 11-07-2009 07:03 PM

I'm an old guy, too. Just bought my first Vette. I've been a Mercedes-Benz man for over 25 years, but just traded my most recent Benz, an E500 Sport, in on a C6. From my experience, car clubs are generally more oriented to social events than gearhead talk. But what the heck, we've got CorvetteFlorida.com for us gearheads. Speaking of which, thanks to AntiVenom for all the useful tech items like Inexpensive Mods for an 08 C6 - Breathe Easy. I may be heading to Seffner for dyno visit soon.

Rich Z 11-07-2009 08:26 PM

You know, if you want gearhead talk, probably the best place for that is at any one of the number of shops around who work on these critters. :thumbsup:

Bradzvette 11-08-2009 03:25 PM

I stopped by the informal car show in Brooksville at the Chick-Fil-A, it was right after work and only went with a friend of mine who was showing of his 1950 Mercury casue he asked me to. My vert was dirty as hell, so I parked away form the other vettes that belonged to the "area club."

They all saw me arrive, I walked over to look at and pay respect to their (vette) cars, tried three times unsuccessfully to strike up a conversation and then said F-it and walked away. Typical club BS.

Z06 Rocket 11-08-2009 05:55 PM

Clubs can DEFINELTLY be "Click-ish".

Pres712 11-09-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad@TheCorvetteShow (Post 101146)
I stopped by the informal car show in Brooksville at the Chick-Fil-A, it was right after work and only went with a friend of mine who was showing of his 1950 Mercury casue he asked me to. My vert was dirty as hell, so I parked away form the other vettes that belonged to the "area club."

They all saw me arrive, I walked over to look at and pay respect to their (vette) cars, tried three times unsuccessfully to strike up a conversation and then said F-it and walked away. Typical club BS.

I don't know who you ran into at this "Cruise-In" but there are no "clubs" represented. It's just a free for all with a multitude of Corvettes attending. Star & I have been up there several times and have always been "asked" to join in the conversations. Try again!!!