The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My Character, or lack there of...... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39657)

Shadow 12-24-2009 08:45 PM

...Not a bad idea at all...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RevXtreme 1 12-24-2009 08:54 PM

That can work. We take on an intern each year and one of our more loyal techs was just that. Right out of tech school w/no experiance and he has turned into a super reliable worker and does the R&R part, but is still a ways from letting loose on engine builds and turbo designs. And it's taken 3 years to get him to this point. But he will be with us for the long haul. Good suggestion!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad@TheCorvetteShow (Post 104215)
to further aid the left turn this thread has taken, LOL

Central HS in Brooksville where I work at has an auto tech shop. Just a crazy idea but why not consider taking a raw kid that is enthusiastic and train him to the way your shop does things???

Maybe an apprentice type deal possibly to get a look at a kid and see what their work ethic is like and so on? Possibly a joint venture between all the area shops?

I know for a fact these kids would be very excited at the prospect of competing for a spot in a performance shop and the possibilty of having a paying gig right after graduation would be very motivating to them.

You could even set minimum standards for them to qualify such as math skills (algebra) and reading skills.

Additionally you are helping give a job to a local home grown kid too.

Just a hair brained idea I had.

gmjunkie 12-25-2009 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 (Post 104253)
That can work. We take on an intern each year and one of our more loyal techs was just that. Right out of tech school w/no experiance and he has turned into a super reliable worker and does the R&R part, but is still a ways from letting loose on engine builds and turbo designs. And it's taken 3 years to get him to this point. But he will be with us for the long haul. Good suggestion!

If you need a Belligerent Old Bastard to keep the crew in Whips and Chains,or a Crash Test Dummy I might be interested in the spring!!:thumbsup: I'll bring my own Anvil and Sand Pile!!:thumbsup:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:D

RevXtreme 1 12-26-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmjunkie (Post 104267)
If you need a Belligerent Old Bastard to keep the crew in Whips and Chains,or a Crash Test Dummy I might be interested in the spring!!:thumbsup: I'll bring my own Anvil and Sand Pile!!:thumbsup:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:D

Works for me Junk!!:thumbsup:

spiceman 12-26-2009 06:15 PM

Interesting isn't it when 2 opposites can reach

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 104252)
...Not a bad idea at all...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

something along the same lines of agreement.
Sounds ot me Tracy and Brad need a place to sit and have a PINT together and get things back on track. I really don't see money as the object of their problem, I do believe a solid work plan, and structure of business practices needs some attention, but certainly not something that can't be reached.
START a new year..NEW.
Thanks guy's for this site and the men who have the shoulder's NOT to judge on face of what is, or is nos not objective in here. Thanks Rich and Thanks Shadow.

Spice