The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SOME FATHERLY ADVISE! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1183)

JIM KILL 11-20-2006 08:06 AM

SOME FATHERLY ADVISE!

I AM NOT HERE TO PREACH......BUT THE NIGHT BEFORE THE ULTIMATE CORVETTE PARTY THERE APPEARED TO BE A "BURN OUT" PARTY IN THE PARKING LOT.

GUYS!!!...THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS HABIT TO GET INTO AND WE SHOULD ALL CONSIDER STOPING THIS PRACTICE. WE HAD WELL OVER A MILLION DOLLARS IN CARS IN THE PARKING LOT AND ALOT OF DAMAGE COULD HAVE BEEN DONE, INCLUDING HURTING YOURSELF OR OTHERS.:banghead:

THE HOTEL WANTED TO CALL THE LOCAL SHERIFF, BUT "TBV" ASKED IT TO STOP AND YOU "AS GENTLEMEN " DID SO AND THAT WAS APPRECIATED.

THERE IS A PLACE AND TIME FOR EVERTHING.....THANKS GANG!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME....WE AT "TBV" DID AND THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING TO MAKE OUR EVENT AND MAKING IT A GREAT EVENT!!!

JIM:dancer01:

Shadow 11-20-2006 09:21 AM

You've got a good point Jim. The Sheriff's office can't take action unless they witness the event. It's an infraction. They can try to go criminal with Reckless driving and it might stick...if they can prove who did it;).

They can however, have the offending party or anyone else for that matter, removed from the premises at the managements discretion. That would suck big time. Further more, they could refuse to allow us to use the facility next year, although unlikely since $$ talks;). But it could happen.

Suggestion?

How about next year, we have a burnout contest?

Set aside a designated safe area and see who produces the most smoke?

Just a thought to purge those desires:rofl1:

JIM KILL 11-20-2006 10:21 AM

WITNESS THE EVENT!!

:banghead: http://rides.webshots.com/video/3037...3628:banghead:

JIM KILL 11-20-2006 10:24 AM

WITNESS!!!!

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3037442250060913628

:banghead:

als2052 11-20-2006 11:29 AM

:NoNo:

Shadow 11-20-2006 11:35 AM

Jim, as you can plainly hear, at least one of the TBV members was involved in that little "action.":rofl1:

People, if you're going to do something illegal, DON'T VIDEO TAPE IT!!. If you do, cover/remove the tag, other identifying features and keep your mouth shut!:lmao:

Anyway, what about the possibility for next year?

JIM KILL 11-20-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Jim, as you can plainly hear, at least one of the TBV members was involved in that little "action.":rofl1:

People, if you're going to do something illegal, DON'T VIDEO TAPE IT!!. If you do, cover/remove the tag, other identifying features and keep your mouth shut!:lmao:

Anyway, what about the possibility for next year?

I CAN BURN RUBBER WITH THE BEST OF THEM....IT'S WAS JUST WE DID IT IN THE PARKING LOT OF OUR HOST HOTEL AND THAT REFLECTS ON "TBV'S".

AT LEAST THEY COULD HAVE MOVED THE EVENT TO ACROSS THE STREET IN THE HUGH OFFICE COMPLEX PARKING LOT. WE DID NOT HAVE ALL THE ROOMS AT THE HOTEL AND THEY HAD GUEST THAT WERE NOT VETTE OWNER'S. :NoNo:

WE AT "TBV'S" CANNOT ENDORSE THIS ACTION......SO ITS UP TO YOU ALL TO MOVE THIS EVENT TO A BETTER LOCATION AND WE WOULD NOT LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT IT.....ALL WE WANT IS FOR YOU ALL TO HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!...AND I THINK WE ALL DID.:)

PLEASE ADVISE ME OF THE LOCATION AS A SPECTATOR OF A $1000.00 WORTH OF TIRES BEING DESTOYED!!:lmao:

JIM

Shadow 11-20-2006 12:11 PM

Ok, maybe you missed the point?

I agree with you about the impropriety, dangerousness and illegality of the "event." I also agree that the hotel, especially the host hotel, was certainly not the proper venue for such activity.

There were other vette owners that apparently were not happy with it either, it gives us a bad name and doesn't sit well with the local constabulary:hehehe:

A more discrete location would have been much better.:thumbsup:

WE AT "TBV'S" CANNOT ENDORSE THIS ACTION......SO ITS UP TO YOU ALL TO MOVE THIS EVENT TO A BETTER LOCATION AND WE WOULD NOT LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT IT.....ALL WE WANT IS FOR YOU ALL TO HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!...AND I THINK WE ALL DID.:)

I too am a member of TBV's and no, from a liability and public relations standpoint, agree that the club can't endorse it.

PLEASE ADVISE ME OF THE LOCATION AS A SPECTATOR OF A $1000.00 WORTH OF TIRES BEING DESTOYED!!:lmao: JIM[/quote]

You might look around at some other HUGE events held nationwide. Many have contest to see who can generate themost tire smoke. People usually use old tires that are on the last legs of their journey. I'm not going to go out an burn up $1000.00+ dollars worth of rubber either, but obviously it appeals to some;)

Thus my ORIGINAL question? Why not an organized contest for next year?

You've got a year. Put up a poll, lets talk to the powers that be, and se if theres:

A) interest?
B) room (location)?

It's just a thought Jim.

Gordon

ps, can you please remove the CAPS LOCK?:lmao: Looks like you're shouting all the time:lmao:

Rich Z 11-20-2006 01:01 PM

I personally witnessed that event from the window in my motel room. I saw later that the asphalt in the parking lot was obviously damaged by the burnout that the vehicle did. The car had out of state tags on it, so I doubt the driver is a TBV member.

If ALL Corvette clubs and events want to find themselves having a tough time getting hotels to accept members, then this is certainly a good way to go about it. Yeah, money talks, but when the hotels have to repair damages done by their guests, then that will also be considered in the equation. If they have other non-corvette guests complaining about the noise and asking for a refund of their payment, that will take part in the equation as well.

JIM KILL 11-20-2006 01:07 PM

ps, can you please remove the CAPS LOCK?:lmao: Looks like you're shouting all the time:lmao:[/quote]

:lmao: It comes from to many years as and engineer......we do everything in "CAPS....will try to improve on my chat skills!!!:lmao:

JIM KILL 11-20-2006 01:09 PM

Welcome Support!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
I personally witnessed that event from the window in my motel room. I saw later that the asphalt in the parking lot was obviously damaged by the burnout that the vehicle did. The car had out of state tags on it, so I doubt the driver is a TBV member.

If ALL Corvette clubs and events want to find themselves having a tough time getting hotels to accept members, then this is certainly a good way to go about it. Yeah, money talks, but when the hotels have to repair damages done by their guests, then that will also be considered in the equation. If they have other non-corvette guests complaining about the noise and asking for a refund of their payment, that will take part in the equation as well.

:thumbsup: Thanks Rich for your support!!!:thumbsup:

ynkedad 11-20-2006 02:37 PM

Quote:

ps, can you please remove the CAPS LOCK?:lmao: Looks like you're shouting all the time:lmao:

:bigear: What Jim? I couldn't hear you.:rofl1:

We didn't know WTH the noise was at first:confused: . Tyler thought it was a loud vacuum cleaner (at that late hour:thinkin: ) Eventually we figured it out, and were very unimpressed with the lack of consideration they showed for others and their property.:thumbsdown:
Don't get me wrong, i'll be the first to ask where the Bar is, but I wouldn't put on a demonstration like that, Especially after drinking.:NoNo:
I'm just glad it wasn't done by anyone that I know, and that no physical damage was done.
It's like what was mentioned earlier, there's one in every crowd, it's just a shame that also includes the Vette crowd! IMO.
Great Job TBV on the show!:thumbsup:

~Ray

Shadow 11-20-2006 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL

:lmao: It comes from to many years as and engineer......we do everything in "CAPS....will try to improve on my chat skills!!!:lmao:[/quote]

:rofl1: :rofl1:

No problem, I do the same thing. All of my court work is in CAPS. Sometimes you may catch me doing the same thing if I'm in a hurry...and too lazy to change it (which I can be at times;) )

Later guy:thumbsup:

Z06 Rocket 11-21-2006 12:40 AM

Ok, Any answer yet to Shadows question he asked SEVERAL times now? Any possibility of a judged organized event next year?????

Shadow 11-21-2006 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Ok, Any answer yet to Shadows question he asked SEVERAL times now? Any possibility of a judged organized event next year?????

:rofl1: By the lack of response, my guess is the organizers aren't interested:rofl1:

Sorry, gotta do it this way...HEY JIM...U THERE?:rofl1:

Maybe we'll get an answer though?

Later guys and gals, gotta hit the road shortly!

JIM KILL 11-21-2006 07:28 AM

RESPONSE

Quote:

:rofl1: By the lack of response, my guess is the organizers aren't interested:rofl1:

Sorry, gotta do it this way...HEY JIM...U THERE?:rofl1:

Maybe we'll get an answer though?

Later guys and gals, gotta hit the road shortly!

IF YOU ALL WANT TO SET SOMETHING UP...YOU CAN..WE AT "TBV" CAN'T SUPPORT IT...I WOULD ATTEND...NEXT YEAR WE WILL MAKE YOU CHAIRMEN OF THE "ULTIMATE BURN-OUT" CONTEST. JUST DON'T DO IT AT THE HOTEL....:lmao:

JIM KILL 11-21-2006 07:48 AM

2007 EVENTS

1 Attachment(s)
:NoNo:

Shadow 11-21-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL
IF YOU ALL WANT TO SET SOMETHING UP...YOU CAN..WE AT "TBV" CAN'T SUPPORT IT...I WOULD ATTEND...NEXT YEAR WE WILL MAKE YOU CHAIRMEN OF THE "ULTIMATE BURN-OUT" CONTEST. JUST DON'T DO IT AT THE HOTEL....:lmao:

This is a waste of time. It;s obvious that TBV's doesn't want the liability. Can't say that I necessarily blame them. Of course if there are members here that are also TBV members, and you want it to happen, I suggest you put your interest in writing and submit them to the staff.

Otherwise, if you guys want to set something (legitimately) up off premises, we can work on it but it's going to be an uphill battle. Unless Ferman is willing to sponsor it and provide a place, you'd probably end up going waaayyy off premesis. That takes away from the event. So again, unless FERMAN will provide a location, we're probably out of luck for any "formal" legitimate contest.

Unless theres a tire shop nearby that might be interested:lmao:

Anything else is dangerous and illegal and I too can't involve myself with it for professional reasons.

Rich Z 11-21-2006 12:17 PM

Well honestly, I would not participate myself in such an event. I just don't have money to burn like that......

Unless you are heating up your tires prior to making a run at the dragstrip, what's the point? :shrug01: Unless this is the equivalent of lighting up your cigar with burning $100 bills.... :crazy9:

Shadow 11-22-2006 11:06 AM

Quote:

Well honestly, I would not participate myself in such an event. I just don't have money to burn like that......

Unless you are heating up your tires prior to making a run at the dragstrip, what's the point? :shrug01: Unless this is the equivalent of lighting up your cigar with burning $100 bills.... :crazy9:

Yeah, pretty much:lmao:

A lot of major shows (F-body gatherings and the like) do this occasionally. It's just a way for those that want to do it, to do so without garnering the long eye of the law or disdain of the management:D

I probably wouldn't either for the same reason. I enjoy watching, but after while, it gets boringZZZZZzzzzzzz.

Just another idea for next year...

Stangkiller 11-25-2006 11:30 AM

You all are unreal. Get alife, and get over it. He did a burn out, it was dark out, big freakin deal. Nobody was hurt, nobody's cars was damaged. And it was one hell of a burn out at that. If you want to host a PUBLIC event, open to the PUBLIC, you're going to get people to attend that aren't 90 years old and actually like to enjoy them selves.

I know some of you old folks get your entertainment from complaining about the younger folk, but this time you're just DEAD WRONG and need to get over it.

ynkedad 11-25-2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller
You all are unreal. Get alife, and get over it. He did a burn out, it was dark out, big freakin deal. Nobody was hurt, nobody's cars was damaged. And it was one hell of a burn out at that. If you want to host a PUBLIC event, open to the PUBLIC, you're going to get people to attend that aren't 90 years old and actually like to enjoy them selves.

I know some of you old folks get your entertainment from complaining about the younger folk, but this time you're just DEAD WRONG and need to get over it.

You're obviously don't get it:banghead: !
It's where and when he did it. These guys had been drinking since before I arrived at the hotel,(just before 3:00) which was evident by all of the empty beer bottles by their cars, then continued to do so into the night.
Then this guy gets behind the wheel of a powerful machine, in a narrow parking lot where there were other Vetes parked, while people were sleeping and decides to tear it up. What part of this is "Not a big deal"?
He demonstrated a lack of judgement, showing no consideration for others or their property, damaged the parking lot and could have gotten the host hotel to not invite us back.
Just because something bad didn't happen, doesn't make Us the Bad Guys, Nor does it make it ok. What if something bad did happened? we'd all have possibly suffered because of HIS recklessness and immaturity?
You come in here blasting away with your insults, yet you weren't even there!?
This guy was obviously a Rebel without a clause (ment to spell it this way)
with a F@#k you attitude towards everyone.

In closing... I do have a life, and It's great!

I'm around and will be at future events, look my 90 year old ass up and we'll talk.:hehehe:

~Ray

ynkedad 11-25-2006 12:45 PM

woops

*You obviously..:bigear:

ynkedad 11-25-2006 01:04 PM

Now that i've seen your profile...

A major???
I'll bet this sort of thing isn't tolerated on your base? Exhibition of speed, reckless driving, reckless endangerment, drunk driving, disturbing the peace etc etc...
What kind of person say's.. "Nobody was hurt, nobody's car was damaged, get over it".
Hey major, rules and laws are there for a reason. They're for all of us to follow, not just some of us. What gives this guy the right to break these rules/laws?
I'm sure if you had witnessed this sort of thing on your base you'd have said something riff, major?
We're expressing our concerns here, whereas any one of us could have called Johnny Law on him, But didn't.

This guy demonstrated his right to be an idiot as are we demonstrating our right to call him on it!
I'm Done!

Shadow 11-25-2006 01:06 PM

Wow...just Wow!....We need a 2 bulls in a china shop smiley:lmao:

Mekanic 11-25-2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynkedad
F@#k you attitude towards everyone.

HEY! I've got one of those too, but there is a differnce between crazy and not giving a damn, and stupid...that dude...was stupid

Quote:

I'm around and will be at future events, look my 90 year old ass up and we'll talk.:hehehe:

~Ray

HELL YEAZ! We will take our walkers to his ass! Then take his lady on a date to Bob Evan's on our adult trikes! WOOT!!!11!!!1!!one!!!!

Stangkiller 11-25-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

You're obviously don't get it:banghead: !
It's where and when he did it. These guys had been drinking since before I arrived at the hotel,(just before 3:00) which was evident by all of the empty beer bottles by their cars, then continued to do so into the night.
Then this guy gets behind the wheel of a powerful machine, in a narrow parking lot where there were other Vetes parked, while people were sleeping and decides to tear it up. What part of this is "Not a big deal"?
He demonstrated a lack of judgement, showing no consideration for others or their property, damaged the parking lot and could have gotten the host hotel to not invite us back.
Just because something bad didn't happen, doesn't make Us the Bad Guys, Nor does it make it ok. What if something bad did happened? we'd all have possibly suffered because of HIS recklessness and immaturity?
You come in here blasting away with your insults, yet you weren't even there!?
This guy was obviously a Rebel without a clause (ment to spell it this way)
with a F@#k you attitude towards everyone.

In closing... I do have a life, and It's great!

~Ray

:lmao: Correction, I was there. And yes, I was drinking. But that driver hadn't had a single beer. If you weren't there, how can you accuse drunk driving? Guilty by association? I love all your assumptions your making about the owner of this car, none of you even know who it is :rofl1:

Stangkiller 11-25-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mekanic
HEY! I've got one of those too, but there is a differnce between crazy and not giving a damn, and stupid...that dude...was stupid

HELL YEAZ! We will take our walkers to his ass! Then take his lady on a date to Bob Evan's on our adult trikes! WOOT!!!11!!!1!!one!!!!

I still don't understand it. He's got a car built for drag racing, used his line lock, and spun the tires a bit. BIG DEAL.

ynkedad 11-25-2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

Here's where the assumptions began.
Regardless if he was drinking or not, how many laws did he break? (1 less).

I was one of the people your friend woke up during his "Look at me episode". Gee wonder why i'd be ticked? As if it's not hard enough to fall asleep in a hotel.

In fact, there were people that saw who was doing the burn out.
And so what if his car is set up for drag and that he was using his line lock. He was still was being inconsiderate to the other people staying at the hotel. Seriously, if you can't understand that, I give up.
Besides all of what I've said...We all had "gotten over" your friends burn out days ago, then YOU chimed in with YOUR post. The only thing being discussed now(days ago) is the possibility of setting something up for those of us that wanted to do burn outs in the future. So really, you are the one that opened up the old wound, not any of us!:NoNo:
...Day late and a Dollar short...
Also, good job avoiding my questions Major:thumbsup:

Oh, and My bad if you were there. You must have seen us then. My wife, kids and I were parked just behind you guys in the black C6 and silver C5.Apparently you must have had a bottle stuck in your face, as you didn't say hi.:thumbsup:

~Ray

Stangkiller 11-25-2006 07:18 PM

Quote:

Here's where the assumptions began.
Regardless if he was drinking or not, how many laws did he break? (1 less).

I was one of the people your friend woke up during his "Look at me episode". Gee wonder why i'd be ticked? As if it's not hard enough to fall asleep in a hotel.

In fact, there were people that saw who was doing the burn out.
And so what if his car is set up for drag and that he was using his line lock. He was still was being inconsiderate to the other people staying at the hotel. Seriously, if you can't understand that, I give up.
Besides all of what I've said...We all had "gotten over" your friends burn out days ago, then YOU chimed in with YOUR post. The only thing being discussed now(days ago) is the possibility of setting something up for those of us that wanted to do burn outs in the future. So really, you are the one that opened up the old wound, not any of us!:NoNo:
...Day late and a Dollar short...
Also, good job avoiding my questions Major:thumbsup:

Oh, and My bad if you were there. You must have seen us then. My wife, kids and I were parked just behind you guys in the black C6 and silver C5.Apparently you must have had a bottle stuck in your face, as you didn't say hi.:thumbsup:

~Ray

I just can't believe you guys have nothing better to do than complain about somebody enjoying his car. We paid to stay in that hotel just as well as you guys. We just tend to enjoy our corvette brother/sisterhood a bit more.

If you weren't so busy trying to regulate and rule other peoples lives, you might actually learn to enjoy life a little.

I'm still in shock we have people so stuck up that they'd let this bother them. :rofl1:

Rich Z 11-25-2006 07:25 PM

Quote:

:lmao: Correction, I was there. And yes, I was drinking. But that driver hadn't had a single beer. If you weren't there, how can you accuse drunk driving? Guilty by association? I love all your assumptions your making about the owner of this car, none of you even know who it is :rofl1:

Yeah, right. Some of us were watching out the windows of the hotel. And there was at least one video taken. The car had a Texas license plate that said "KJUN" on it. So yes, I certainly DO think we know who it is...... :thumbsdown:

Or did you happen to miss this video? -> http://rides.webshots.com/video/3037442250060913628

You may want to take note of the title of that video: Cajundude burnout From album Ultimate Corvette Party Pre Show by member ivoz06

Here's a little screen capture to refresh your memory, if you were there:

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/pics/...de_burnout.jpg

And another picture taken by 2vettes while walking around the show the following day:

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/pics/cajundude_car.jpg

Nope, we don't have a CLUE about who it was, now do we?

Drunk or sober, young or old, doing a burnout like that and then launching under full power in a hotel parking lot packed with other cars is just not SMART at all in my humble opinion. Go ahead, try to convince me that it is IMPOSSIBLE that he could have lost control of that car..........

Stangkiller 11-25-2006 07:28 PM

So it was kjun....but, it's unreal that you guys have the nerve to bitch and complain about this.

He didn't harm any of you. Infact last i checked NOBODY was ever in danger. Driving through a parking lot, or down the street technically puts all the other cars in danger as well...should we just stop driving all together?

Rich Z 11-25-2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

So it was kjun....but, it's unreal that you guys have the nerve to bitch and complain about this.

He didn't harm any of you. Infact last i checked NOBODY was ever in danger. Driving through a parking lot, or down the street technically puts all the other cars in danger as well...should we just stop driving all together?

Apparently you just don't GET it. It is from people pulling stunts like this that WE all have to suffer from laws being passed to try to protect the public from people who do ill advised stunts like this. It is people like this that could give ALL Corvette owners a bad rep. Every one of us is a representative to the public at large for ALL of us. And yes, by association, he certainly DID harm all of us that night.

How do you know no one was in danger? Suppose some other hotel guest had walked out in front of that moving Corvette unaware of what was going on? With all that smoke, I seriously doubt Cajundude could have seen much in front of him. There were many other guests at that hotel that night, and certainly could have been some older folks who would have been ignorant of what that cloud of smoke was all about. Would he have noticed some little old lady suddenly appearing from between two cars on the parking lot in front of him? No, nobody was hurt, but that was just pure luck, not by conscious design on the part of people who SHOULD have acted more responsibly at a public facility.

What is completely unreal to me is that someone would bitch and complain about US being upset about that sort of inappropriate and dangerous behavior taking place in a public parking lot. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

ynkedad 11-25-2006 07:57 PM

Just wanted to say...

My bad Stangkiller! I misread your profile (the wife pointed out my error) I thought you were a Major in the Air Force:bigear: I know I know!

Allow me to reitterate... YOU reopened the negative side of this thread. No one has said anything negative about the burn out since the 20th.

I'm all about having fun, but there is a time and a place for it. I'd have been egg'in it on if it were elsewhere and had I not been snoozing.
You obviously have the same attitude as he, judging by your posts. Showing no concern whatsoever for people or property. You talk about Our Nerve to bitch...What about your Nerve to bitch at us for expressing our opinions, WHY? No one is being hurt, nor is there any property damage!

Did you even read the first posts? *Where the "TBV" people went to the front desk, stopping them from calling the police? *Where another TBV member had to send a crew to the hotel to repair the asphalt he tore up?
He created a situation that others had to cover for, while he went on his way.
If we were as bad as you've implied, one would think, that would not have been the case. It's not that we're "old", it's a matter of maturity and respect.
You're not getting that! Obviously you're of the younger crowd and haven't reached my level of maturity yet.

ynkedad 11-25-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

I love all your assumptions your making about the owner of this car, none of you even know who it is :rofl1:

WRONG! Survey Says!!!!
kjun= Jason Theriot, of the "Corvette owners club of Houston forum" Supporting Vendor (Gulf Coast Performance) Won't be shopping there any time soon:lmao: .
Looks like he does burnouts whever he goes, Judging by the one on the site.
Oh and he has a kid. :thumbsup:

Mekanic 11-25-2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

My bad Stangkiller! I misread your profile (the wife pointed out my error) I thought you were a Major in the Air Force:bigear: I know I know!

Allow me to reitterate... YOU reopened the negative side of this thread. No one has said anything negative about the burn out since the 20th.

I'm all about having fun, but there is a time and a place for it. I'd have been egg'in it on if it were elsewhere and had I not been snoozing.
You obviously have the same attitude as he, judging by your posts. Showing no concern whatsoever for people or property. You talk about Our Nerve to bitch...What about your Nerve to bitch at us for expressing our opinions, WHY? No one is being hurt, nor is there any property damage!

Did you even read the first posts? *Where the "TBV" people went to the front desk, stopping them from calling the police? *Where another TBV member had to send a crew to the hotel to repair the asphalt he tore up?
He created a situation that others had to cover for, while he went on his way.
If we were as bad as you've implied, one would think, that would not have been the case. It's not that we're "old", it's a matter of maturity and respect.
You're not getting that! Obviously you're of the younger crowd and haven't reached my level of maturity yet.

HELL YEAH! except for the last sentance :sad:

Shadow 11-26-2006 09:27 AM

final word...I hope?

Ok guys, I've stayed out of this pretty much, but maybe it's time to put this one to bed?

Everyone's had their opportunity to share thier views.

If you will indulge me this one last post...

First, why are we hammering on each other? We as Corvette enthusiast need to stick together.

To respond to Stangkiller (and yes, I met him at the show...nice guy:thumbsup: ):

Here's what "could" have happened (legally):

1-Reckless driving (if they'd gotten there in time to witness the act)
2-Disorderly conduct (if he wasn't drinking)
3-Disorderly Intox for those assisting him that were.
4-Criminal Mischief (vandalism).
(betcha can't guess what I've done all my life;) ):lmao:

The other matter is the alcohol consumption on premises. As I recall, the hotel is not licensed for consumption in the parking lot. They could loose thier liquor license for simply allowing it and you and I could wind up in jail.

"If" (there we go with that again-"If" the Queen had balls she'd be the King!)
there had been an accident, the driver could have been charged with reckless driving even without a LEO witnessing the act. Florida statute allows an officer to cite a driver based upon the results of an investigation and the statement(s) of witnesses.
The videos and stills could have been confiscated as evidence in a criminal proceeding and of course the evidence in the parkling lot speaks for itself.

Yep, that ONE PATRON of the hotel could easily have caused us some major problems!

Yank- There are a lot of "if's" that fortunately, never came to fruition (thankfully), but you're correct, could have.

At that time of morning, it's highly unlikely, but still theoretically possible, for a small child or old lady to suddenly walk out from between 2 cars.

A more likely scenario is another drunk driver retuning from one of the local watering holes or "show venues":lmao: and driving (or stumbling) into the path of the moving vehicle.

I wasn't aware that TBV's sent someone to repair the damage? Thats great PR BTW.

I was aware (from conversations) that they interviened in the management decision not to call the Police. BTW in case you didn't know it. The SHERIFF'S district office is less than a mile south of the hotel and they are in the area frequently. Thier response time is not that long;) and they respond quickly to the hotels calls anyway.

I don't like putting the offenders name on the net, but it appears it's already been done on other sites, so no harm, no foul.

Stangkiller, as far as having "fun" goes, I just turned 50 in october but still feel like I'm in my 20's. I love to have a good time and sometimes, I'll admit I don't act my age.
That said, I have also learned over the years, sometimes the hard way, that there's a time and place for everything!
The hotel parking lot was neither:NoNo:

I'm sorry if that sounds old foggyish to you, but it's a fact. Yes, a few people got a kick out of it, and no, no one was hurt and no property was damaged...this time...

At least he could have picked a remote area of the parking lot to do it! (that parking lot really doesn't have any "remote" areas).

Again, if those members hadn't interviened, we could be refused use of the facility next year. Or, there could be a higher law enforcement presence when we come.

I've worked venues where we were hired specifically for an event because of the attendees and thier "history" of damage to the property. I'd hate to see us get painted with that brush!

I'm also not one of those that feels everyone under 50 is a kid. Nor do I like being painted with the "old guy" brush simply due to my age. I take offense at that comment. I'll party with the best of them, but know when to stop.

Bottom line I feel here is that we have a difference of opinion. Unfortunately, as I've pointed out, what CD did was criminal on severla levels. It was not done malisciously nor with the intent to harm, but still, by Florida Statute, criminal with a couple of inclusive traffic infraction thrown in for good measure.

It was (on the surface) dangerous, and goes to give the group as a whole a bad name. It also tends to leave a bad taste in the mouth of those staying at the hotel who are not Hi-Performance nuts as we tend to be:(.

Had I been there (unless you woke up my 8 month old Grand daughter-then I'd be pissed!!!!) I probably wouldn't have cared. Maybe it's from sleeping on underway boats in the USCG or ??? but I can sleep just about anywhere (just ask my wife:lmao: ), and I might have been right out there with you? I just don't know. That said, it would still have been dangerous.

But to the un-indoctrinated, it's an annoyance caused by those "Corvette people!"

This is why I asked early on about a venue specifically dedicated to a burnout contest? Maybe on Friday or Saturday night?

Rather than saying TBV's do not support it, why not ask? Lets see if there's some place that would support it? Lets see if there's any real interest in it?
There are a lot of member in TBV's and a lot of differing opinions. I realize there is a committee that puts this thing together, but if they are not willing to ask, then get someone who will! You don't know until you ask!

It's a better option than just burying your head in the sand and hoping it'll go away:rolleyes:

I apologize for the length of this response, but both sides have valid and interesting points to make.

Instead of fighting among ourselves, lets see if we can come to a solution to the issue?

I would hope Cajun Dude understands where this is coming from? It's not about being young or old, it's about not getting our butts kicked to the curb for future events. He's a business owner and I'll bet he'd understand that.:thumbsup:

There's no need for name calling or finger pointing.

I would ask that any further anger be vented in PM or chat.

I hope everyone had a great time at the event and a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving. Look forward to seeing all of you again soon.

Take care and Thanks,

Gordon

ynkedad 11-26-2006 09:39 AM

:icon_cheers: Stangkiller

Rich Z 11-26-2006 12:23 PM

Excellent post, Gordon, but one detail needs to be clarified:

Quote:

At that time of morning, it's highly unlikely, but still theoretically possible, for a small child or old lady to suddenly walk out from between 2 cars.

A more likely scenario is another drunk driver retuning from one of the local watering holes or "show venues":lmao: and driving (or stumbling) into the path of the moving vehicle.
Gordon

I didn't make note of the exact time, but I was on the computer at that time in the hotel and made a post at 11:53pm on that Friday night about the incident. So this did not take place in the wee hours of the morning at all, but actually just before midnight. So the chances of other people being up and about on that parking lot is not at all unlikely nor would it be considered unusual. Not for a Friday night.

Shadow 11-26-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Excellent post, Gordon, but one detail needs to be clarified:

I didn't make note of the exact time, but I was on the computer at that time in the hotel and made a post at 11:53pm on that Friday night about the incident. So this did not take place in the wee hours of the morning at all, but actually just before midnight. So the chances of other people being up and about on that parking lot is not at all unlikely nor would it be considered unusual. Not for a Friday night.

Thanks Rich and thanks for the clairification:thumbsup: I was under the impression it was much later. You're right:thumbsup: