The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and Happenings (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cypress Garden Vette Show (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3303)

"Backyard Mechanic" 08-21-2007 05:12 PM

Cypress Garden Vette Show

I know it's early,But who is going to the Cypress Garden show on Nov.10th and 11th?I just found my flyer.Is it in the Cypress Gardens?:shrug01:Thinking about pre-registering.

Pres712 08-21-2007 08:28 PM

Bay Area Corvette Club

Hi guys: Go to our website to download the flyers and all the info on both of our shows. The Dimmitt show is 9-22 and the Cypress show is 11-10 & 11th. And YES it is IN the Gardens. Your $45 gets you into the welcome party Saturday night, a monogramed polo shirt, fabulous goodie bags and lots of door prizes. The next day you and your guest are parked inside the Gardens and you get all day to enjoy the rides, etc. Last year we spent $4,500 just on food and beer for the party! Nobody went to bed hungry! Make sure you get your room reserved as this year the Admiral's Inn gave us the entire hotel and Saturday is a vendors day in their parking lot. The trophies will be hand made by our president; sure to be a collectors item! Our website is:
www.baccvette.us If you have any other questions write me at:
nccc712@tampabay.rr.com. We only have room for 250 cars and it's filling up fast!

This year the Dimmitt show will be our 10th and big things are planned. Free goodie bags, polo shirts, music, food and a special surprise at the end? :crazy03:

Kap142 08-22-2007 12:02 AM

We'll be there. Registration is complete (although page 2 of the flyer didn't D/L worth a poo) but we managed. It'll go out in the mail tomorrow.

Ken:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rich Z 08-22-2007 12:24 AM

If I might ask, why did they do that flyer on legal sized paper? I don't have a legal sized tray for any of my printers (much less legal sized paper) and haven't printed anything on legal paper for years now.... I suspect some people may be in the same boat.

I had to reformat the flyer onto two standard sized pages just to be able to print it....

Pres712 08-22-2007 07:02 AM

My bad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
If I might ask, why did they do that flyer on legal sized paper? I don't have a legal sized tray for any of my printers (much less legal sized paper) and haven't printed anything on legal paper for years now.... I suspect some people may be in the same boat.

I had to reformat the flyer onto two standard sized pages just to be able to print it....

Blame me. There is so much info that it took a legal size to get it all in. Thinking we would be handing these out and not giving a thought to downloading, I messed up. Still in the paper age, not computer. Sorry. Next time I will think more computerlike. I'm old, what can I say?? :shrug01:

Rich Z 08-23-2007 02:06 AM

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm still trying to figure out what in the world anyone needs an iPod for..... :)

Kap142 08-26-2007 02:37 AM

Got my confirmed reservation:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Rob are you and that sweet thing that puts up with you coming? Oh and bring the duct tape and we'll look for red spots.:lmao: :lmao:

Ken:dancer01:

98 softtail 08-27-2007 07:37 PM

Ken,
We are planning on going. I still have to do the register thing but we are planning on taking the kids and spending the night. We will see ya there.

Joe B.

Kap142 08-27-2007 08:19 PM

Awesome bro. We'll be waiting for you and Deb. See ya soon.

Ken

larrybroga 08-28-2007 06:37 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm still trying to figure out what in the world anyone needs an iPod for..... :)

What's an iPod ???

THOR 09-02-2007 11:25 PM

This show is the week before the Ultimate Corvette Party. There's too many parties and events! I wish we could spread em out a little. Perhaps next year we'll do the Cypress Garden show. Have fun.

Pres712 09-03-2007 08:13 AM

BUT

Quote:

Originally Posted by mte.smiles
This show is the week before the Ultimate Corvette Party. There's too many parties and events! I wish we could spread em out a little. Perhaps next year we'll do the Cypress Garden show. Have fun.

But, where else can you go and get:

Vendor's day
Free welcome party (all the food and drinks)
Entrance to Cypress Gardens
Hand made trophys
More classes

All for $45!!!!

Plus you get to see me............:lmao:

USA-1 09-03-2007 09:32 AM

..... my fiancee works at the nearby LOWES of Winter Haven, so maybe I'll stop-by before taking her out to lunch.

Kap142 09-03-2007 11:36 AM

Drop by and say Hi. :wavey: Just look for the CorvetteFlorida.com:thumbsup: and Corvettes Anonymous dash signs:thumbsup:

Ken:D

Pres712 09-03-2007 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA-1
..... my fiancee works at the nearby LOWES of Winter Haven, so maybe I'll stop-by before taking her out to lunch.

If you are planning on "dropping by" on Sunday you will have to pay full price to get into the park. All 250 Vettes will be inside. If you plan to drop by Saturday make sure it is at the Admiral's Inn and the parking lot for Vendor's Day. Good luck...

Rich Z 09-03-2007 03:38 PM

Could you post some details about how this is supposed to work? Connie and I read over the application form and found it a bit confusing...

Saturday is listed as a vendor's day at the Admiral's Inn, I think, and Sunday is actually the show. But where are the cars supposed to be on Saturday and Sunday? If we show up on Saturday, where do we go? Is the Admiral's Inn actually within the park itself?

:shrug01:

Pres712 09-03-2007 06:24 PM

Answer

Quote:

Could you post some details about how this is supposed to work? Connie and I read over the application form and found it a bit confusing...

Saturday is listed as a vendor's day at the Admiral's Inn, I think, and Sunday is actually the show. But where are the cars supposed to be on Saturday and Sunday? If we show up on Saturday, where do we go? Is the Admiral's Inn actually within the park itself?

:shrug01:

Hey Rich: If you will mapquest the Admiral's Inn you will see it is right outside the park. There is plenty of room for both cars and vendors. All day Saturday is "Vendors" day. When you arrive either Fri or Sat, park, check in and we will have a desk set up next to the check-in desk for show registration packages. That night in the upstairs ballroom is the welcome party (don't miss that; it's free and lots of food and drink!) the next day we will have members at the Inn parking lot in radio contact with the parking attendants. We will release 10 or so cars at a time. Our entrance is about a mile south of the Inn. You will actually be in the park itself and once you are parked and are settled you are free to wander and enjoy the park all day - free! If you have any more questions and don't want to keep typing feel free to give me a call. 727-224-3077

Rich Z 09-03-2007 07:12 PM

So I'm assuming we will be arriving on Saturday at the Inn (where the vendors are set up), the party is Saturday night, and then Sunday morning we will be then herded over to the park. Is that right? Will we be able to leave any time we wish on Sunday or are the gates closed off?

Thanks.

Pres712 09-03-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

So I'm assuming we will be arriving on Saturday at the Inn (where the vendors are set up), the party is Saturday night, and then Sunday morning we will be then herded over to the park. Is that right? Will we be able to leave any time we wish on Sunday or are the gates closed off?

Thanks.

November 10, 2007 Saturday is Vendors day at the Admiral's Inn 10AM-4PM
November 10, 2007 Saturday from 7PM to ?? is the welcome party
November 11, 2007 Sunday starting at 8AM gather in the Inn's parking lot for a caravan to the inside of the park.
If you feel you are not in competition for an award you may choose to leave at any time of the day.

Some that I have talked to are arriving on Friday, your choice. Make sure when you call the Inn that you tell them you are with the Corvette show group. Other wise they will tell you they are full as we have taken the entire hotel.

"Backyard Mechanic" 09-16-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pres712
November 10, 2007 Saturday is Vendors day at the Admiral's Inn 10AM-4PM
November 10, 2007 Saturday from 7PM to ?? is the welcome party
November 11, 2007 Sunday starting at 8AM gather in the Inn's parking lot for a caravan to the inside of the park.
If you feel you are not in competition for an award you may choose to leave at any time of the day.

Some that I have talked to are arriving on Friday, your choice. Make sure when you call the Inn that you tell them you are with the Corvette show group. Other wise they will tell you they are full as we have taken the entire hotel.

Ok we are going,sent out the pre-reg. a week or so ago but have not recieved any e-mail yet.:shrug01: We are planning on staying over there Sat. night.We will be there for the party.:dancer01:

Need to know who's going from this end of the woods,so we can ride over there together.

"Backyard Mechanic" 09-16-2007 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backyard Mechanic
Ok we are going,sent out the pre-reg. a week or so ago but have not recieved any e-mail yet.:shrug01: We are planning on staying over there Sat. night.We will be there for the party.:dancer01:

Need to know who's going from this end of the woods,so we can ride over there together.

Just booked our room at the Super 8 Motel.5 miles away from Cypress Gardens

Just to let others know the Best Western is FULL.I called them today.

If you are planning to stay the night start booking your rooms at other hotel NOW.

Kap142 09-16-2007 07:16 PM

OK a couple of points (if the show is similar to the one Carrie and I attended today if not disregard all of the following:D ) On Sunday morning from the hotel you will enter the east entrance (employee entrance) maybe 1/2 mile directly down the road and be parked in an area next to the concert shell (not in the gardens per sae:NoNo: ) but it will be on grass and it is a nice setting. :thumbsup: You will be able to walk through 2 walk ways into and through all areas of the Gardens and it is is very nice. It has a water park and the cooling waters with your bathing suits (that's for you Rob but not for Mary) are required.:rofl1: :rofl1:

It can be just durn hot as little wind moves in the middle of the state. The adminstration could care less about coolers so bring your "cooling beverages" as you wish. (disclaimer JMO) :icon_cheers:

We found even bottled water is OMG expensive from the vending machines ($2.50):eek:

Hope this helps just a bit and see ya'll soon.

Ken

"Backyard Mechanic" 09-17-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kap142
OK a couple of points (if the show is similar to the one Carrie and I attended today if not disregard all of the following:D ) On Sunday morning from the hotel you will enter the east entrance (employee entrance) maybe 1/2 mile directly down the road and be parked in an area next to the concert shell (not in the gardens per sae:NoNo: ) but it will be on grass and it is a nice setting. :thumbsup: You will be able to walk through 2 walk ways into and through all areas of the Gardens and it is is very nice. It has a water park and the cooling waters with your bathing suits (that's for you Rob but not for Mary) are required.:rofl1: :rofl1:

It can be just durn hot as little wind moves in the middle of the state. The adminstration could care less about coolers so bring your "cooling beverages" as you wish. (disclaimer JMO) :icon_cheers:

We found even bottled water is OMG expensive from the vending machines ($2.50):eek:

Hope this helps just a bit and see ya'll soon.

Ken

Ok I can't wait to get into my bathing suit.
Attachment 1568:lmao: :lmao: :ack2: :eek: :lmao:

Kap142 09-17-2007 07:04 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG:eek: :ack2: :eek: :eek: :ack2:

TxMomma 09-19-2007 10:43 AM

:dancer01: We'll be there..... :dancer01:

Kap142 09-19-2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrybroga
What's an iPod ???

Larry it's a little white plastic box that is full of Jimmy Buffett tunes and the ear phones fit in your ear better then anything Motorola ever made.

Kap142 09-19-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxMomma

Very cool. It's been a long time:thumbsup:

Ken

Classy 09-19-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxMomma

:thumbsup: :dancer01: :drink4: :icon_cheers: :party: :party:
Can't wait to see you girl

ynkedad 09-19-2007 08:13 PM

Hey,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classy

:wave: I'll be there too. :D

Classy 09-20-2007 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynkedad
:wave: I'll be there too. :D

Well if you are bringing Ray,I guess I have to bring Rob:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ynkedad 09-20-2007 07:57 AM

Quote:

Well if you are bringing Ray,I guess I have to bring Rob:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:dancer01: :dancer01: :dancer01: :welcome: Rob!:D

"Backyard Mechanic" 09-20-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

O I can go:shrug01: :party:

TxMomma 09-20-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Same here.....its been too long. :crazy03:

TxMomma 09-20-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

At least they can keep each other entertained. :hehehe: Then again, that might not be such a good thing. :eek:

Classy 10-03-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Backyard Mechanic" (Post 31650)
Just booked our room at the Super 8 Motel.5 miles away from Cypress Gardens

Just to let others know the Best Western is FULL.I called them today.

If you are planning to stay the night start booking your rooms at other hotel NOW.

Just wondering where everyone else is staying:shrug01:

Pres712 10-03-2007 07:57 PM

Rooms available

I just talked to the Admiral's Inn and they have 30 rooms left!!! My contact there is Teresa. I don't know who is giving y'all this false info. Please call again and tell them TERESA said there were at least 30 rooms left (maybe less now that some know) so please give it another shot.

Competent help is hard to find? :shrug01:

JIM KILL 10-04-2007 06:08 AM

More Information on Garden Party

Great News!

The Corvette Garden Party has gotten even better.....not only have we added a "Vendor Day" on November 10, but we've added breakfast at Cypress Gardens, after you've parked your car! Cypress Gardens will cater a breakfast buffet (for a nominal fee) right to our show area! No need to wait in line at the hotel or walk over to one of the restaurants! It just keeps getting better.

We've confirmed with the Admiral's Inn-Best Western, that they have approx 30-35 rooms left available for Nov. 10. If you were procrastinating, now is the time to jump in and join the fun! This is a "PRE-REGISTERED only" show, and we don't want you to miss out again this year. We're limited to 250 cars, so don't wait until it's too late.

VENDOR SHOW - Admiral's Inn-Best Western (800-247-2799), Nov. 10 from noon until evening. There will be auto vendors, and some things for the ladies as well!

CHECK-IN - After checking in at the hotel, stop by the BACC table and pick up your goody bag and shirts (if you were one of the first 100 pre-registered), and receive your wrist band for the Welcome Party.

WELCOME PARTY - Admiral's Inn-Best Western, Nov. 10 from 7:00pm - 10:00pm - complimentary beer & munchies (like last year), music and great door prizes including a free night's stay @ Admiral's Inn. You don't want to miss this!

LINE UP - Nov. 11 show line-up will begin at the Admiral's Inn this year. Club's should start getting their member cars together between 7 & 7:30. We'll send Clubs to Cypress Gardens as an individual group this year. You will need to be ready to go when called. Vehicle ID Card MUST be placed in the Driver's side window before the clubs can leave the parking lot. More details will follow on this.

BREAKFAST - Nov. 11, will be at Cypress Gardens once you've parked your cars (at a nominal fee). The Gardens will be open until 7:00pm, so you can stay until that time, if you wish, and enjoy the park all evening after the show. Cars may be left where they are.

LUNCH - Nov. 11, will be on your own - anywhere within the park! Awards will be held @ 4:00pm - just be back in time to pick up your trophy and/or doorprizes!

DOORPRIZES - More doorprizes! May be picked up anytime during the day on Sunday (until 4:00pm), so check your numbers often.

AWARDS - Promptly at 4:00pm @ the stage arena. Good luck to all, and have a great time!

Diane Kirkconnell, VP
Bay Area Corvette Club

TxMomma 10-04-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classy (Post 35164)
Just wondering where everyone else is staying:shrug01:

Hey there....we are staying at the Holiday Inn Cypress Gardens.

Rich Z 10-04-2007 07:56 PM

We're booked at the Admiral's Inn....

Classy 10-13-2007 08:37 PM

Will this happen?

I heard from people who went to this event last year that when the vette's are brought in from the hotal to Cypress Garden's that the vette's are driven down a dusty road to enter the park.With the breeze and vette's at idle while they wait.Then all the time spent cleaning the cars they are covered in dirt when they enter the park.:ack2:Is there a different way to get in the park or will this happen again?:shrug01::shrug01: