The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New tires from Tire Rack (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1474)

exile 12-20-2006 05:01 AM

New tires from Tire Rack

Welp, it's time for new tires. Prices from TR for new GYSC's + shipping is over $1300.. Does anyone know of a way to get TR to discount the tires further?.........Tom :)

Mark Dalton 12-20-2006 01:08 PM

Not sure how to get TR to discount their stuff. I ordered mine through a local tire place (Big 10 tires). Got them delivered and mounted and balanced for about what you were quoted for just shipping. Might be worth a few phone calls to get a better price.

ynkedad 12-20-2006 04:00 PM

Wow...here I thought (thru word of mouth) that it was hard to beat the TR price. Think i'd post the $ amount on the other forum, Maybe they'll atleast match it.?

Ray

JIM KILL 12-20-2006 04:21 PM

Read this from Forum

The other Forums are also good for information....You might want to read all these Threads!!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1567545&page=3

Shadow 12-20-2006 05:55 PM

Check these shops:

Advance Performance Tire & wheel
4607 N. Lois Ave.
Tampa, Fl.
(813) 868-1100
Ask for Jen or Mike Filippello.
Make sure you tell him you're with one of the larger Corvette Clubs in the area and will get the word out on the Corvette websites if it works out.
You can tell him I sent you if you want to. I've bought nearly all of the tires for my Vette and the Z28 there.
He usually does a good job of pricing for me:thumbsup:

Westcoast Wheel and Tire
4632 US 19
New Port Richey, Fl.
(727) 847-9908
Ask for Adam. He's ok, his wifes an azzhat, but he did get me a killer deal on my ZR1 rims (9.5 & 11's) and Sumitomo 315's for the Z28!:thumbsup:
Again, you can tell him I sent you. We don't get along all that well after his wife started crap on our F-body website, but hey business is business and a deal is a deal:yesnod:

I "may" have a backdoor hookup (no smart remarks) into a tire wholesaler? Not sure yet. It'll probablyu be a week or so before I know?

Gordon

ynkedad 12-20-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
I "may" have a backdoor hookup (no smart remarks) into a tire wholesaler? Not sure yet. It'll probablyu be a week or so before I know?

Gordon

:toetap05: Awwwwwwwwwwwww Man......................Yer no fun!:hehehe:
Or Are You?:rofl1: :lmao:

exile 12-20-2006 06:52 PM

Thanks guys. I'll be check'in for some deals on tires! Looks like Corvette Concepts has some wheels and tires too. I'll be check'in it out :notworthy: :thankyou2: ...........Tom :)

Shadow 12-20-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynkedad
:toetap05: Awwwwwwwwwwwww Man......................Yer no fun!:hehehe:
Or Are You?:rofl1: :lmao:

*blows kiss*...not wit U baby!:rofl1:

Bountyhuntrss 01-21-2007 04:45 PM

Where were you able to find tires? I'm in desperate need and have to do it soon. Seems to me all the online places are pretty much the same. I'd like to find something local if possible.

exile 01-21-2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bountyhuntrss
Where were you able to find tires? I'm in desperate need and have to do it soon. Seems to me all the online places are pretty much the same. I'd like to find something local if possible.

No, I'm still limping around on shoes that need to be replaced soon. Checked with Tire Kingdom on US 19, New Port Richey on Friday night and got a quote for $1669 for four new F1 Supercars, mounted and balanced, plus $109.99 for a 4 wheel alignment. I can do better through a friend, but can't remember the quote. Tire Kingdom's quote is high. I'd better find something soon though :) ........Tom