The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Corvette Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Vette shop (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119627)

CHASZ51 06-04-2020 07:31 PM

New Vette shop

Found a new place that many have used and they all love the place. Great work. They do it. Place is called Auto XTC. They are on the west side of Gandy bridge in the Tampa area. I will be taking my C7 there whenever i start modding.

Rich Z 06-05-2020 03:50 AM

Hope they work out for you. Finding quality shops to work on vettes doesn't seem to be very easy to do.

CHASZ51 06-05-2020 07:20 PM

Everyone in my Vette club says John does super work. My old tuner that you also used just went down the rabbit hole.

Rich Z 06-05-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHASZ51 (Post 211427)
Everyone in my Vette club says John does super work. My old tuner that you also used just went down the rabbit hole.

Do you mean Greg?

CHASZ51 06-06-2020 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 211429)
Do you mean Greg?

Yes. He no longer does work on cars.

Rich Z 06-06-2020 01:12 PM

Well, I could see that coming. The guy has been on a downhill slide for a while now. IMHO.

Darn shame, as he used to be one of the few people I would have recommended to anyone to work on their vette.

CHASZ51 06-06-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 211445)
Well, I could see that coming. The guy has been on a downhill slide for a while now. IMHO.

Darn shame, as he used to be one of the few people I would have recommended to anyone to work on their vette.

He tuned 3 of my cars that ran perfect thru the years. I plan on a Soler ported TB for my C7. Not sure about doing any other mods until i can trust the 8 speed trans. Already think i felt a shudder once.

Rich Z 06-06-2020 08:13 PM

Greg didn't do so well when he tuned my C5Z after the twin turbo install. He had the upper RPM band WAY too rich, and I actually had a lot of unburned gasoline blowing out the tailpipes as dark smoke. I asked him about the smoke, and he said he just prefers tuning too rich rather than too lean and it was nothing to worry about. But when I saw the dyno chart from another tuner, this wasn't just a little bit rich. It was a LOT rich. Like off the charts rich.

I'm glad it didn't cause any damage that I know about. Fortunately I never "got on it" all that much, which might have been a good thing for me. But that was right after he took over the tuning at AntiVenom after the presumed falling out with Tom, so I'm guessing he hadn't sharpened his tuning skills yet.

IMHO.

85vette 06-07-2020 08:24 AM

Looking on his Facebook page it appears he may have shut down because of the Corona Virus, but he's staying busy catching up on personal projects for the time being. No mention of closing that I could find.

Rich Z 06-07-2020 01:00 PM

He handed me that line 2 years ago when I was asking him about helping me with my C5Z. If he wasn't just specifically blowing me off, and is telling everyone the same thing, I'm just not buying it.

Of course, I guess it is possible that he became independently wealthy and just doesn't need to work any longer. :shrug01: