The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maintenance, Mods, & Tips (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   [C5] 427 forged motor? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32739)

Rich Z 09-30-2009 08:47 PM

Well, the C5Z might be going into the shop this upcoming week. Or perhaps not until the weekend when the show will be at XtremeMotorSports' place anyway. Depends on when Chris thinks he can actually get started on it. :thumbsup:

navy2kcoupe 10-01-2009 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME (Post 97088)
will do :thumbsup:

Redline will be 3500 RPMS when your breaking in it, after all is done and tuned more like 7000 RPMS :hehehe::crazy03:

Got the check yesterday :thumbsup: We will order transmission this week :D

Methinks that you guys should disable everything except 1st, 2nd, and reverse for the break in,
and reset the rev limiter to 3500. Otherwise Rich might have to make a decision on whether to
pay YOU, or the FINES and TICKETS! :rofl1::rofl1:
You might come in second on that choice.........:lmao:
Andy :wavey:

cre1 10-02-2009 04:51 PM

Pics

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME (Post 96977)
Oh yes I have not forgotten :)

I should have some pics by the end of next week to share with all :dancer01:

Where are the Pics?

Rich Z 10-02-2009 07:14 PM

I suspect the new motor will be sitting in the shop during the Blountstown show next weekend. It's expected sometime later next week. Keli couldn't get pictures because it didn't get delivered as early as we had hoped. I think there was a delay in getting the new rocker arms or something.

MRS. XTREME 10-02-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 98416)
I suspect the new motor will be sitting in the shop during the Blountstown show next weekend. It's expected sometime later next week. Keli couldn't get pictures because it didn't get delivered as early as we had hoped. I think there was a delay in getting the new rocker arms or something.

Well the motor should ship out Monday/Tuesday making it about Thurs or Fri for us to receive it.

I will have pics on a disc for you Rich of the build as it went on...I made sure to ask for those....I will take pics of it if it gets here early...if not most will see it at the car show and those who dont I will post pics after the car show for all to see !!!

I AM SO EXCITED :crazy03::dancer01:

Rich Z 10-06-2009 01:16 PM

Well, we'll be taking the C5Z to the Blountstown car show on 10/10 and leaving it there for the drivetrain replacement. Chris says it will take from 7 to 10 days to complete. When that is done, we'll then be taking over Connie's Silverado to have that LS6 transplanted into it. She's probably going to have the only pickup truck with a Corvette motor around here.... :hehehe: Any bets on who gets the first speeding ticket? :D

Lou G 10-06-2009 04:56 PM

Oh man, anticipation. :D
Just like pouring catsup from a brand new bottle. :lmao:

Rich Z 10-08-2009 08:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a few pics that Keli passed on to me via email. I had to cut them down to size so they could be displayed here.

navy2kcoupe 10-09-2009 06:41 AM

THAT'S a nice looking block, Rich.......:thumbsup:
Andy :wavey:

Rich Z 10-09-2009 07:08 PM

Rats... Just got word that the motor won't be at Chris's place until maybe Tuesday. So it won't be at the Blountstown show for me to oogle over the whole day. Also looks like a pretty slim chance this will all be done in time for me to be driving the C5Z to St. Augustine on the 20th to meet up with some folks here. :itsok: