The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suggestion Box (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wha happened? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2705)

Pres712 06-01-2007 12:56 PM

Wha happened?

When the new server went into service, it did away with the "look at" service. You know, when you place the cursor over the heading part of the message, some of the content was shown. If it looked interesting then you could click on for the entire message. Now it's gone? :shrug01:

Rich Z 06-01-2007 01:25 PM

Yeah, it's just a personal preference thing, but I found it distracting and got on my nerves. Plus I believe it slows down page loads because that text has to be loaded for every visible thread for that "cursor over" code.

Sorry.....

98 softtail 06-01-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pres712
When the new server went into service, it did away with the "look at" service. You know, when you place the cursor over the heading part of the message, some of the content was shown. If it looked interesting then you could click on for the entire message. Now it's gone? :shrug01:

I was wondering why I wasn't getting those on my screen, I thought that the server was slow, now I know...I liked that little bit of info...I would like that feature back.

Joe B.

Classy 06-01-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98 softtail
I was wondering why I wasn't getting those on my screen, I thought that the server was slow, now I know...I liked that little bit of info...I would like that feature back.

Joe B.

Me too:thumbsup:

Z06 Rocket 06-02-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Joe B.

HAHAHA, I wondered the same thing! I was sliding my mouse over the links to see and waiting, waiting, and nothing! I don't care too much, but it was a pretty neat feature.

Shadow 06-02-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Joe B.

I agree. I liked the feature. COuple other websites have it and it doesn't seem to slow things down any? But hey, it's all good:thumbsup:

Rebekah7155 06-02-2007 05:17 PM

I miss it!!!!!!!:)

Rich Z 06-02-2007 06:50 PM

OK OK!!! I can see I'm out voted here! I know when I'm licked....

I put the feature back on. You can all stop beating me now.... :sillyme:

Shadow 06-02-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z

:dancer01: :hurray: :hurray: Thanks daddy!:thumbsup:

ynkedad 06-03-2007 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rofl1: