The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suggestion Box (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   RSS Feed (bot) (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4917)

SteveK 09-22-2007 08:34 PM

I have always went to the New Posts button upon entering the site. It has always been the easiest way to keep up on all the new posts. The RSS Feed has made it more difficult to find the regular posts.

I enjoy the news, but maybe it needs to be in a box off to the side or just not show up as a new post. JMHO :shrug01:

Pres712 09-22-2007 09:27 PM

I vote no

I'm with Steve K. I log on for Corvette news; if I want up to date news I turn on Bay News 9 or log on to a news network. Keep it Corvette related, please! :thumbsdown:

Shadow 09-22-2007 11:18 PM

ALS, Steve, Pres, hang in there guys. Rich is trying to get this worked out.

I agreee, I always use the new post function 1st and this BOT is a PITA! Took me almost an hour this morning to sift through 7 pages of automated Bot****, only to find it was put here:hehehe:

The idea is to keep it here for those, kind of like myself, that don't really have time or the inclination to watch the news or read the paper. We can still find the news (although most of this seems to come out of South Florida?), while keeping it from shoing up during a new post search:thumbsup:

If that can't be accomplished, I think Rich may do away with it. It's whatever is best for the members 1st:thumbsup:

Please be patient while we beat the s**t out of.....I mean massage the system....:thumbsup:

Rich Z 09-23-2007 12:11 AM

How about we just hang in there and see how this pans out? The RSS feeds will get a LOT of initial messages at first until things get caught up. Then they SHOULD be just a few here and there as new items are added to the source sites.

I am picking relevant topics, BTW, FLORIDA and CORVETTES.

I am also checking with my programmer to see if there is a way to exclude those posted threads from being listed in the New Posts display. So give me some time, OK? I think this is better than just shutting down the site while I figure things out, don't you?

Bracket Monster 09-23-2007 03:11 AM

I dont mind the posts, would be good if it didnt show up under new posts though...

vett boy 09-23-2007 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pres712 (Post 33732)
I'm with Steve K. I log on for Corvette news; if I want up to date news I turn on Bay News 9 or log on to a news network. Keep it Corvette related, please! :thumbsdown:

Sorry but I do Agree with ya and Steve K.:yesnod:

Shadow 09-23-2007 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bracket Monster (Post 33748)
I dont mind the posts, would be good if it didnt show up under new posts though...

That's what was supposed to happen. Rich tried to make it happen that way and it didn't. Hang in there and we'll get it worked out. It's just computer stuff....:(

jcb_njb 09-23-2007 12:20 PM

Rich, we have confidence in ya son.:thumbsup:

Hardball 09-23-2007 12:33 PM

Please stop the "Robot feeds"

Rich Z,

I appreciate the thought process about bring some news to the site...however, its overwhelming!
IMO, they should be removed from the site. I guess I'm lucky, since I'm retired I have time to get all the news I can stand elsewhere.
I come here to read about Corvettes and the people who love them.

Thanks for listening.
Hardball

Suicide King 09-23-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveK (Post 33728)
I have always went to the New Posts button upon entering the site. It has always been the easiest way to keep up on all the new posts. The RSS Feed has made it more difficult to find the regular posts.

I enjoy the news, but maybe it needs to be in a box off to the side or just not show up as a new post. JMHO :shrug01:

+1