The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Boring Halloween (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1043)

9T8Vette 11-01-2006 07:19 AM

Boring Halloween

Well this year's Halloween was alittle boring.The parents around here decided not to do the Hay rides for the Kids.This is something around here that all parents must get involved or it just doesn't happen. We do not have children ourselfs but do enjoy having the little gremlins around on Halloween:reddevil: It's purdy cool you will have 20 to 30 at the time riding in a Haywagon.We are in a area that has 3acres plus so the homes are setting a distance away from the road.Halloween Flyers are put in your mailbox to inform to put lights on and your mailbox flag up.Next year i will need to get involved with the parents to have this again.:yesnod:

MADN3SS 11-01-2006 07:56 AM

I only had 14 trick-or-treaters come to my door. Now I'm left with all this good candy. Hmm...what can I do with it? :hehehe: I actually started a diet last week, so I guess I'll have to put it away for a while.

ynkedad 11-01-2006 07:59 AM

Bummer

:wavey: Although We have 3 kids (15, 16 and 18), I'm kind of in the same boat.
We used to live in a community where little kids, including mine, would run around having a blast trick or treating.

For 7 years now, we've lived in the country where there really isn't anything going on, so we'd go to the old neighborhood and let the kids do their thing.

Last year, my son and a few of his friends would hide in bushes, around cars etc. and pounce on bigger kids that would try and steal candy from the little ones.:NoNo: (he's a good boy)!
This year we went to "The Villages" listened to a live band, ate, then came home and watched mission impossible 3. It was fun, but I sure do miss the little ones running around in their costumes!

I'm looking foreward to grandkids in years to come!!!:thumbsup:

~Ray

CREWZIN 11-01-2006 09:42 AM

My gated community is a mixed bag with about 250 houses, mostly middle to old age. Some teenagers and a few rug rats. Bought some good size candy bars for anyone stopping by and only had 2 come around. Looks like I'll have some snakes in the house for awhile. :D

Rich Z 11-01-2006 12:14 PM

Heck, I live in the middle of the woods on a dirt road with a long winding driveway off of this road to the house. Since we moved here in '91, we have not had a single solitary trick-or-treater come to the door.

I guess the fact that we have snakes and guns (and all the neighbors know it) probably has a lot to do with that........ :reddevil:

9T8Vette 11-01-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADN3SS
I only had 14 trick-or-treaters come to my door. Now I'm left with all this good candy. Hmm...what can I do with it? :hehehe: I actually started a diet last week, so I guess I'll have to put it away for a while.

Madn3ss i heard on the radio that 68% of candy purchased for Halloween actually makes it to the kids :yesnod: .Other 32% is us eating the left overs:NoNo: :lmao:

2Vettes 11-01-2006 06:57 PM

We had a really slow year, too. We had LOTS of candy left over. Took most of it in to work today. One of the girls at work lives in Cape Coral and she said they had so many kids they were lined up down her driveway waiting in LINES to get candy!! She had 20 bags of candy and ran out!! They must have bussed them out of Lehigh to Cape Coral...:lmao:

Mark Dalton 11-02-2006 01:38 PM

We have lots of kids in my neighborhood but not a single kid came around. I didn't see any driving home from bowling earlier in the evening either. :shrug01: It's definitely not like it was when I was a kid. In todays society, parents seem a lot less willing to let their kids do stuff like that. I can't say that I really blame them.:nonod: