The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New Memeber from Pinellas Park (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17541)

jfcupolo 07-04-2008 10:25 AM

New Memeber from Pinellas Park

I reluctantly sold an 1989 Corvette Coupe, my first Vette, after 12 years owning and modifying it. I've lived all over the USA and now reside in Pinellas Park and since I got a Vette monkey on my back for life just purchased a new project car in the form of a 1994 dark red coupe. Yep, fell in love with a new plastic girl friend. I also spend lots of time reading on the other forum sites and my standard gripe was always that there was no on line place focused on my geography and lurker friendly. I am looking forward to participating and being involved here at Corvette Florida and plan to help make this idea a success. I thank you for your bold attempt and look forward to making this a comfortable home.

jfcupolo 07-04-2008 10:53 AM

New Memeber from Pinellas Park

My name is Joe. I currently live in Pinellas Park. I traded my first Corvette, a torch red 1989 6-speed coupe in on my second Vette, a 1994 dark red coupe automatic just 2 weeks ago. I owned my 1st Vette, the 89' (Cher) for 12 years. I used to own a small custom car fabrication shop called Fallen Angel Customs in New Jersey then moved to Florida and owned 3 businesses here, sold them and now pursue a rewarding life as a Nurse. I'm learning a lot of good stuff from this site to help me avoid the learning curve of Vette modification and especially trouble shooting. I'm hoping I won't be too much of a pain in the ass with all my newbie questions and look forward to getting to know you all in this venue. My goal is to get my latest love (Cher II) to a place where I can spend a fair amount of my leisure time at the local Florida car and Vette events and possibly join a club.

Shadow 07-04-2008 11:03 AM

Joe,

:welcome:aboard.

You've found one of the best groups (ok, the only group of it's kind) on the internet for local events, happenings, and general comaraderie:dancer01::thumbsup:

You'll find a lot of great folks here with a lot of information and a willingness to help. People that love to get together and have some fun with thier vettes.

Welcome to Florida, Welcome back to the Corvette habit and Welcome to www.CorvetteFlorida.com

Glad to have you aboard.:wavey:

Gordon

Shadow 07-04-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfcupolo (Post 63682)
I reluctantly sold an 1989 Corvette Coupe, my first Vette, after 12 years owning and modifying it. I've lived all over the USA and now reside in Pinellas Park and since I got a Vette monkey on my back for life just purchased a new project car in the form of a 1994 dark red coupe. Yep, fell in love with a new plastic girl friend. I also spend lots of time reading on the other forum sites and my standard gripe was always that there was no on line place focused on my geography and lurker friendly. I am looking forward to participating and being involved here at Corvette Florida and plan to help make this idea a success. I thank you for your bold attempt and look forward to making this a comfortable home.

As said beofre in your other thread, welcome aboard:welcome::wavey:

This is THE PLACE for the FLORIDA CORVETTE OWNER/ENTHUSIAST to get thier information, meet other people with the same affliction/addiction:lmao: keep in touch, party and get the help and answers they need. Thats why it's here.:thumbsup:

It's a great place with great people such as yourself.

Easy to navigate, don't have to sift/sort through an entire geographic area, specific to Florida with relevant current information:thumbsup:

Enjoy yourself. We look forward to meeting you at an upcoming event and are happy to have you aboard.

Rich427 07-04-2008 11:09 AM

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Just a hint, everyone loves to see :pics: of your ride!

Post a couple and avoid the many requests of
:pics::pics::pics::pics:

Rich

"Backyard Mechanic" 07-04-2008 11:21 AM

:welcome::welcome::dancer01::wavey::wavey::thumbsup::pics::usa_flag:

jfcupolo 07-04-2008 11:36 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Unfortunately the day I got Cher II home I began repairing the damaged clear coat and some flaking paint behind the drivers door and am replacing the fuel pump, filter, and regulator now. As soon as these repairs are done I will post 2 or 3 hundred pictures. I bought the car with 78,000 miles on it for $8,500.00 so I knew my first order of business was going to be a first pass at repairs and cleaning up past neglects. After these few items I'll be recovering the seats and she is up to snuff and ready to dance with pride on the streets.:dancer01:

zzzona 07-04-2008 11:41 AM

Welcome Joe.... Grew up in good old Pineapple Park..
Currently working on rehabbing a house just off 78th ave near 49th.
Check out this site http://www.flacarshows.com/

Rich Z 07-04-2008 11:54 AM

Welcome to the club. Feel free to jump in with questions and hopefully you'll get the answers needed to help you out.

Thanks for joining our family.

Lou G 07-04-2008 12:06 PM

:welcome:Joe.
Glad to have you on board!!