The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maintenance, Mods, & Tips (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2000 A4 trans flush (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51096)

navy2kcoupe 10-04-2010 03:43 PM

2000 A4 trans flush

Guys, need to get my transmission serviced. New filter, all of the old fluid flushed out, and new fluid installed. Any suggestions on where to go/who to talk to about getting this done? Thanks.........
Andy Anderson :wavey:

chris308 10-04-2010 04:51 PM

You could try AutoXTC on 118th and near 49th st...

I haven't done any business with them but just heard good things about them.

fletcher4u 10-04-2010 05:40 PM

That trans has to be refilled thru the drain hole in the pan motor running. You need to be shoer who ever does it has done it before they learn on you !! been there done that.

navy2kcoupe 10-04-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fletcher4u (Post 123537)
That trans has to be refilled thru the drain hole in the pan motor running. You need to be shoer who ever does it has done it before they learn on you !! been there done that.

Yeah, Fletch.......there's a BUNCH of information and experience on this forum, and since I don't like reinventing the wheel everytime I have a problem, I just search out them what's "been there....done that" here.
Andy :wavey:

RevXtreme 1 10-04-2010 07:39 PM

Tampa Tuning is a supporting vendor on here and can do it quick & at a super low price...Check him out.

shakedown067 10-05-2010 05:24 PM

I'd give Jon a call at AutoXTC. I'm pretty sure he has a vac pump to get all the fluid out. If he can't, ask him about the Corvette Doc on 66th st.

http://autoxtc.com/contactus2.html

RevXtreme 1 10-05-2010 06:36 PM

A vac pump won't do it, you will need either a trans flush machine or you can disconnet one of the trans cooler lines and run a ube from it into a 1 gal container. It takes 2 people but you can flush the entire trans this way, but need to be carefull so the pump dosen't suck air. Hook it up as described, have someone in the car start it and idle. It won't take long so as soon as 1 gal is about out have them shut it off, pump in 4 qts new fluid & repeat 3 times and the entire trans/converter will be flushed. The pump draws the fluid from the pan, through the filter, and through the TC before sending it o the cooler so it all gets changed this way. Then drop the pan & replace the filter & gasket and your done.

navy2kcoupe 10-05-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 (Post 123665)
A vac pump won't do it, you will need either a trans flush machine or you can disconnet one of the trans cooler lines and run a ube from it into a 1 gal container. It takes 2 people but you can flush the entire trans this way, but need to be carefull so the pump dosen't suck air. Hook it up as described, have someone in the car start it and idle. It won't take long so as soon as 1 gal is about out have them shut it off, pump in 4 qts new fluid & repeat 3 times and the entire trans/converter will be flushed. The pump draws the fluid from the pan, through the filter, and through the TC before sending it o the cooler so it all gets changed this way. Then drop the pan & replace the filter & gasket and your done.

Thanks, but N-O-P-E! Not For Me! I'm one of those guys that knows when to call in the cavalry. I would pay more for the haz-mat crew to clean up my mess than I would for someone who knows how, to do it.
Andy (planning on staying clean) :wavey:

navy2kcoupe 10-22-2010 09:52 PM

Got the trans flushed and the filter replaced. Old stuff looked dark, but still red. No gunk or crap in the pan, and no leaks! Yippee, that one is done. Seems to shift smoother now as well. Also changed the engine oil, filter and air cleaner. Should be good to go for another couple of miles.

als2052 10-23-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe (Post 124592)
Got the trans flushed and the filter replaced. Old stuff looked dark, but still red. No gunk or crap in the pan, and no leaks! Yippee, that one is done. Seems to shift smoother now as well. Also changed the engine oil, filter and air cleaner. Should be good to go for another couple of miles.

Who did it for your Andy?