The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Recommended C6 mod shop in Tampa? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725)

ZBoater 09-06-2006 07:38 PM

Recommended C6 mod shop in Tampa?

Can anyone recommend a mod shop that does good work on the C6 platform in Tampa? I am looking for basic stuff (like suspension, rotors, etc.) for times I'd rather have someone else get sweaty and dirty.

This, of course, is for a FRIEND of mine ;) as I am not allowed to mod my car... :reddevil:

Rich427 09-06-2006 10:18 PM

I seemed to remember an earlier comment something like, ...I am not going to mod my car. Was that you? ...Nah, it couldn't have been you! :nonod: :yesnod: :nonod: :yesnod: :shrug01:

ZBoater 09-07-2006 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich427
I seemed to remember an earlier comment something like, ...I am not going to mod my car. Was that you? ...Nah, it couldn't have been you! ...

Its not me! Its not me! :eek: Errr, ummm, its a friend of mine! Yeah, a friend of mine! :shrug01:

Its a disease I tell you. I've done the splash guards, mats, tint, bra and iPod interface. Those are not "really" mods, right? ;)

But there was this GREAT deal on some Z51 sway bars! $160 shipped! They say it improves handling without making the ride any rougher! Only $160! :NoNo:

Oh, and the rust on those rotors! I had some drilled/slotted zinc plated rotors from Rotorpros.com on my Z and they looked clean. I've done 5 coats of wax on my Vette, and it looks BEAUTIFUL! But those rotors have to go! :banghead:

Those painted fuel line covers sure make the engine look purdy... :toetap05:

If I could find the interior trim kit somewhere for less that $400! :reddevil:

I tell you, this "friend" of mine is NUTS!!! :dancer01:

TwistedFun 09-09-2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBoater
Its not me! Its not me! :eek: Errr, ummm, its a friend of mine! Yeah, a friend of mine! :shrug01:

Its a disease I tell you. I've done the splash guards, mats, tint, bra and iPod interface. Those are not "really" mods, right? ;)

But there was this GREAT deal on some Z51 sway bars! $160 shipped! They say it improves handling without making the ride any rougher! Only $160! :NoNo:

Oh, and the rust on those rotors! I had some drilled/slotted zinc plated rotors from Rotorpros.com on my Z and they looked clean. I've done 5 coats of wax on my Vette, and it looks BEAUTIFUL! But those rotors have to go! :banghead:

Those painted fuel line covers sure make the engine look purdy... :toetap05:

If I could find the interior trim kit somewhere for less that $400! :reddevil:

I tell you, this "friend" of mine is NUTS!!! :dancer01:

i dont know how hard you drive the car, but if you do run it hard i would stay away from the drilled slotted rotors. i have heard of many reports that they tend to crack easier. just a heads up. we need to talk ivo into having a mod party again i need a second set of hands to get some long tubes installed and i am sure we could take car of " your friends " mods for him at the same time.

ZBoater 09-10-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedFun
i dont know how hard you drive the car, but if you do run it hard i would stay away from the drilled slotted rotors. i have heard of many reports that they tend to crack easier. just a heads up. ...

Yeah, I've read the same thing, but I had the same rotors on my 350Z and drove that pretty hard. They never cracked or gave me any problems whatsoever. I guess it depends on where you get them from and whether they are quality rotors or not. The ones on my 350Z I got from Rotorpros.com, which is where "my friend" bought his just yesterday... :eek: $220 shipped for all 4.

ZBoater 09-10-2006 09:30 PM

Anyone heard/done business with 21st Century Exhaust in Boynton Beach? My "friend" :shrug01: is going to get the Flowmaster quad tips for around $300-$350 installed, and was told this place was good. Anyone?

:dancer01:

TwistedFun 09-11-2006 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBoater
Yeah, I've read the same thing, but I had the same rotors on my 350Z and drove that pretty hard. They never cracked or gave me any problems whatsoever. I guess it depends on where you get them from and whether they are quality rotors or not. The ones on my 350Z I got from Rotorpros.com, which is where "my friend" bought his just yesterday... :eek: $220 shipped for all 4.

most of the guys with the complaints had f/i and were running very high speed often so that would stress them quite a bit more. if they hold up that sounds like a good deal for a set of drilled and slotted's. how did you like the 350z? my brother just bought one. when i told him he could have gotten a c5 z06 for the same price he paid for his 350z he looked kind of green.

mdickie 09-11-2006 11:15 PM

Best shop in the area is AntiVenom in Seffner, just east of Tampa. Greg and the gang at AntiVenom do great work on C5's and C6's

Mark

ZBoater 09-12-2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdickie
Best shop in the area is AntiVenom in Seffner, just east of Tampa. Greg and the gang at AntiVenom do great work on C5's and C6's

Mark

Thanks for the tip! I will give them a call!