Unread 07-22-2006, 09:26 PM   #14
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes98pacecar
are you guys really reading the facts?
this guy rich z main complaint is wheels and tires.....there were no surprises on my part..he knew these werent the z06 wheels and i gave him 500.00 for tires and he bought the car below pprice which he admits should have been 30,500.....pics clearly show c5 wheels and he knew that....period......as for my offer of a 2003 for your 2002 rich....its off....your not a man deserving of goodwill........keep up your baby games rich z.....ill enjoy my vettes/ferraris/rolls royces and so will 99% of my customers...theres always a miserable sumbich in the crowd no matter what....btw..happy 56th
Not true. I absolutely did NOT know those wheels in the photo were from a stock C5 and NOT a Z06. However, in my opinion, YOU definitely did, and neglected to mention it to me at any time. When you called me to tell me that your Ebay ad was wrong quoting chrome wheels, I asked you what the difference was in the wheels. You said nothing except the wheels were chromed and the ones on the car were magnesium. You NEVER said once that the wheels for either set were either Z06 or stock C5s. Matter of fact, Z06 wheels do NOT come in chrome either. They are either painted gray or machined aluminum.

"pics clearly show c5 wheels and he knew that....period......" So YOU knew I knew THAT, Mike? How so? Quite frankly, I had NO idea that was the case until the vette tech at Champion Chevrolet in Tallahassee asked me WHY I had put C5 wheels on a Z06! That was the very first inkling at all of the difference.

Yes, you did knock off $500 because of the tires. Which paid for about 1.5 of the set of four (4) tires I had to buy for that vehicle. But you never mentioned that the front tires were dangerously bald and I was to drive home from Pembroke Pines to Tallahassee on those thread bare tires. Obviously you had no concern at all for my welfare driving several hundred miles on dangerously thread bare tires, now did you?

The wear marks on those tires were NOT consistent with the alignment on the car when I had an alignment done after buying new tires. The consensus of opinion of myself, the vette tech who did the alignment and the service writer were that the wear on those tires was done on another vehicle prior to those wheels and tires being placed on the Z06 I purchased from you. If that wear had been done while ON the vehicle, the alignment would have been very noticeably and decidedly out of kilter. Which was NOT the case at all. In my opinion, the wheels and tires on that car when I purchased it were NOT the ones that the car had been driving on for very long.

And yes, I did a blue book check on the car, but apparently I used it for a car much different then the one you were offering. My figures were based on a "mint" car, or even "nr mint", as you had listed that car. Not one with bald tires, wrong wheels, busted front turn signals, botched up modified air cleaner that was allowing unfiltered air into the engine, NO sport seats as your ad claimed, and a noticeable scrape mark underneath the frame that "easy highway driving" is highly unlikely to account for. I doubt there is even a category for a car in such a state within the Blue Book anyway.

And tell me Mike, how did you know that the car was only subjected to "easy highway driving" when the first you apparently even saw of it was when you picked it up from a BMW dealership (in your own words) as a tradein? How did you know that sort of info to include it in your advertising?

And just out of curiosity, what is it exactly that you DO with those muscle cars you buy before reselling them? Continue along with the "easy highway driving" you advertise for them? Hmm????

As for trading it to you now, my car for your 2003 Z06, after I put on some rather expensive headers, X-pipe, high flow cats, new wheels and Michelin tires, new shifter, new plugs and wires, new battery, new alternator, new air cleaner (that works), new O2 sensors, ported throttle body and a host of other small modifications, for a car from you that would be, at best, in unknown condition, you really can't be serious, now can you? "Easy highway driving", notwithstanding, of course.......