Unread 12-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteHeadz View Post
Rich, after reading this, I need to pay a visit to your arsenal, my 22 pea shooter may be inadequate.
Yeah... I'm not selling off EVERYTHING. I've got a lot of collectible stuff that I don't want to shoot because they are nearly irreplaceable. I'm still keeping enough that I will be VERY well armed, if the need arises. I just took stock and thought "Do I REALLY need THREE 50 caliber rifles?"

I had an interesting discussion the other day with a guy I sell animals to. He is a rabid anti-gunner, so we get into these discussions quite often. He was born and raised in England, so that probably explains a lot...

Anyway, he asked why anyone would need to have a gun when the legitimate chance to use it for self defense is so slim. I responded that so are insurance policies. Matter of fact, if you consider a gun as a life insurance policy that is only effective if it remains in reach at all times, perhaps it explains a lot of people's comfort level by owning guns and resenting efforts to have them taken away.