View Single Post
Unread 05-27-2009, 03:21 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Complications....

Is it just me, or is the world just getting too complicated? I remember my grandfather telling me when I was a kid that the world is getting so much more complicated then when he was a kid. Now that was back in the 50s or so when he was telling me this. And I just laughed at him not understanding, of course, what he was talking about.

Now, I walk into a grocery store and it is baffling to walk down even the cereal aisle. Good lord! You could spend your entire LIFE just trying all the different varieties of Cheerios. When I was a kid, there was maybe four different types of cereal all total. How many brands and varieties of toothpaste and soap are there? I wanted to buy some new shampoo, but I couldn't recognize most of the stuff that the labels said were in the bottles. Do I really want something based on avocados on my hair? Or aloe? Or how about this one for extra body or that one for "natural" hair, or that one that is guaranteed 100 percent organic?

I bought a new watch a few months ago. Came with a manual that I have since lost. I don't know how to work it now. It has more buttons on it than a cell phone and no clues about which one does what. That's what the manual is for. So now I have to have a watch that I need to carry a manual around in my hip pocket in case I want to do anything other than just look at the time on it....

Heck the other day I was looking at Best Buy ads and saw that the latest camcorders have embedded GPS capability. So I'm sitting there at the kitchen counter feeling lost because I can't think of a damned reason at all why I would want GPS in my camcorder. And I felt inadequate at my loss of comprehension.

I'm sorry that I laughed at you grandpop..........