Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet
It's always something, innit?

How are you doing this data logging?
I've got HPtuners, which personally I think is worth the money just for the data logging it can do. You can set it up to capture just about anything you want, then play it back after a ride and watch what is going on.

For instance, here's a capture I did before I took the car down to AntiVenom for the STS install:

Notice the white line for IAT (incoming air temps)? Something DEFINITELY wrong there. While driving at a constant speed, the IAT values were spiking up to 259 degrees! While obviously cannot be true, so there apparently was a problem with the IAT sensor. Greg checked it out and found a corroded pin on the sensor that he fixed. This could have played hell when Greg was trying to tune the car had I not had this info on hand.

I can't think of anyway else I could have ever known about this sort of a problem. With the data logging and looking at the display graph, it is OBVIOUS.

Same thing now with the misfires. It is glaringly obvious when you see them on the graph. Now I just have to try to find out if it is only one cylinder with a problem, or random misfires from multiple cylinders. I set up the data logger to try to figure this out for me.

So we'll see....