Thread: C5 427 forged motor?
View Single Post
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #24
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, not sure I need big brakes. Not intending to do any playing at the track where I need to worry about slowing down from 150 mph+ a lot. Or if I do it would be a onetime shot just to see what it is like. But they would look better, at least in the rear. I've always thought those small brake rotors just look out of place in those wheels.

Yeah, I've seen some really deep wheels I really like. Been kind of holding off till my current rubber wore out before taking a closer look at the options. Not sure how big of a wheel/tire combo I can fit on the C5Z, though. I would want to go the max without any fitment issues.

As for the headlights, I've looked at the projector style, but the ones I saw just didn't fit like I thought they should. All sides weren't flush, and they just didn't seem to fit the part on a vette. Besides, I don't drive much at night any longer, it seems. But that could change once I rid myself of my business and have more free time.

I do like the looks of the tigershark front end for the C5 and think it would actually be better for airflow into my turbos' intercooler. They aren't that expensive, and maybe if I wind up getting the car painted anyway, that would be the time to think of it. Not sure Connie likes the looks, though. She doesn't like too many of the changes I do to the car until she sees the results. afterwards. Her philosophy is kind of "well you really liked the way the car looked when you bought it, so WHY change that?" There is something to that, I suppose.

Thanks for the thoughts....