View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #4
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockworkC5 View Post
last night someone broke into our house. luckily my girlfriend heard something going on. for some reason she didnt wake me up, but instead turned on the lights and went downstairs to confront the would be robbers with her intimidating 98# figure. whoever it was ran off. we will be using the house alarm now, but id like to know, can i shoot someone, as long as they are inside and evident that they broke in? im planning on getting my concealed weapons permit, but in the meantime i just have a 45 ruger i picked up at the last gunshow and a semi automatic shotgun.
I'll keep this short and simple. No offense intended to Shadow.

If someone breaks into your house you better use the 45 if you're confronted. I don't think I would even say 'freeze'. They know you're in there and obviously don't care. That's serious business and scary to even think about. Your girlfriend is a very lucky lady.

Usually a shotgun would be the weapon of choice. You don't have to worry about a projectile penetrating walls and killing your neighbor. A guy I knew in Ft Worth woke up to the sound of an explosion. His neighbor was cleaning a gun, it fired and the bullet went through two walls and demolished his TV set.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote