View Single Post
Unread 12-25-2021, 11:55 AM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, jumping into the modding game can be pretty much a black hole for money, time, effort, and sometimes tears. But it is a powerful attraction, even knowing the danger, nonetheless.

But I think there are practical limits for any vehicle you want to drive on the street. Lord knows I have seen people who exceeded that limit, and then wound up selling the car because it became something they suddenly realized they really weren't happy with any longer. Or in some cases, they discovered that the car was actually frightening to drive on the street because they really couldn't control it under power.

One of these days I probably should break out the tuning software again. The C5Z doesn't like driving under 11 mph and wants to buck a little bit. So I probably have the calibrations on the throttle body a little off and the throttle plate is oscillating. But beyond that, I am happy with what I've got now. Just wish I had more reasons to take it out for a ride. Last year I only put 285 miles on it. I may not have even hit that for 2021.

Oh well. I guess if you keep the mods modest and reasonable, it will work out OK for you. I remember I wanted to put headers on the C5Z when I first got it because I hated the look of rusted stock exhaust manifolds. Then, of course, one thing led to another.