View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, been spending the last several days working with the Dr. Colorchip stuff, and it seems to do a pretty decent job on the rock chips painting them in so they aren't so visible. But the paint doesn't really FILL in the chips, just colors them so they don't stand out to the eye at a distance. And it appears that the color of the touchup paint is actually much darker than my original Electron Blue.

Perhaps more applications would eventually fill in the large chips, and perhaps this just works the way it is supposed to with VERY small ones.

And it really didn't help with the sanded down scratches at all, since it apparently wiped right off with the blending solution.

So I'm moving on to try out that Langka solution using clear coat to fill in the chips and use the Langka solution to remove the blob of clear coat paint that sits above the actual paint surface. Perhaps the Dr.Colorchip would work in the same manner if blobbed into the chips, but I want to have clear coat there to hopefully make the surface more uniform when I get to the point of polishing. This is all just one big experiment anyway, so I don't really know what is the best procedure to use with something like this. Hopefully I won't just ruin the paint and have to accelerate my plans for a complete repaint of the car.